Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Shuker Singlecut 6 - 33” scale, bolt-on, dark amboina burr top
£1499
SE London

therealting

For sale, my very lovely Shuker Singlecut 6 string, originally ordered and owned by @eude on this very forum.

Lovely modern sounding instrument with lovely mid burp due to the pickup positions. Playability is superb thanks to the 33” scale and lovely neck.

Specs:

- white ash body
- squareish front edge (to mimic old slab style bodies)
- forearm contour, rear rib carve and rear edge rounded to 1/2"

- dark amboina burr drop top
- individual bridge rail units
- 17mm spacing
- black hardware
- 2 X EMG 45DC - neck and bridge
- upgraded 3-band EMG preamp with mid freq sweep
- satin topcoat
33" scale
- 24 frets
- medium frets
- 5 piece maple/wenge neck
- 20.5mm deep at 1st fret, 22mm at 12th, gentle slim C profile
- plain rosewood board
- 20" radius
- marching dark amboina burr headstock veneer
- gotoh gb707 tuners
- 57mm nut
- carbon fibre neck reinforcement
- MOP side dots
- two way truss rod
- brass nut
- satin finish

Currently strung with Dunlop Superbrights if I remember correctly.

Trades down (money my way) may be considered, although cash preferred.

6643A91B-D239-472B-A109-A6D314357185.thumb.jpeg.757d7c3ce04acbec45218bb5ed035809.jpeg

F5D3B64E-55C8-49C8-AD89-3F37ECCD5293.thumb.jpeg.6492e2c8b095b7286257483f37786444.jpeg

52C9997C-9381-4BD3-AF63-1B44C05ABD92.thumb.jpeg.0bedbe32d86a44096aeb5e4ababff5ce.jpeg

8782D417-1EEA-4819-8CDC-322099394673.thumb.jpeg.2ac0069fb7444827af50e3d86f2fc0db.jpeg

Edited by therealting
Marked as sold
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Lovely looking bass! I've been considering a 33" 6 string for a while. My Yamaha is a 35" and sometimes I wish it were a little easier to play. Do you find the low B loses much with the shorter scale? 

Edited by Martyin3d

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

It would seem @therealting accepts cats as trade. Reckon a sack of tabbies would do it. 

Not sure about tabbies in a sack @binky_bass but I did find some kittens in a suitcase in our local woods recently.

I rang the rspca who asked me if the kittens were moving. I said "that would explain the suitcase" 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

You'll be sorry!!!

Did you mean me?

2 hours ago, binky_bass said:

It would seem @therealting accepts cats as trade. Reckon a sack of tabbies would do it. 

Ha, no more. One of them is about to cost me about this much in vets’ fees!

2 hours ago, Jimelliottbassist said:

Stunning bass! Any trades? 

Will consider trades, but not upward trades (I don’t have money to add), pop me a message.

2 hours ago, Martyin3d said:

Lovely looking bass! I've been considering a 33" 6 string for a while. My Yamaha is a 35" and sometimes I wish it were a little easier to play. Do you find the low B loses much with the shorter scale? 

I have a 32” fiver and the B is a little rounder than 34” scale. There’s not much in it at 33” scale.

I had a 34-37” Dingwall once, and the B almost sounded too tight. I ended up trading it here for a 32-35” Dingwall and I like those a lot more.

That said, I generally don’t like 35” scale basses, they’re not comfortable for me to play and I find high G and high C strings don’t sound that good. 34” is about the right compromise for me, and 33” adds that extra bit of playability.

@Martyin3d - I must admit a year or two ago I never wanted to stray away from 34"+ scale basses, but these days 33" and under are all I'm interested in. It does make a noticeable difference in comfort to play a 33" 6 string, and chordal work is much less of a stretch too. 

I have a 33" ACG 6 and a 30.5" ACG 6, and with the right strings the B on any bass isn't a problem. Newtone make some excellent strings for any scale of bass and are very reasonably priced. A set of Newtone 33" on this and you'll loose nothing in the B. 

• Like 2

Best of luck with the sale @therealting, it's an incredible instrument, and I do miss it from time to time, but now I've gone even shorter than 33"!

As mentioned above, the low B on this bass is brilliant, even with regular scale off the shelf strings, it's still great, no need to get custom ones, although I would recommend Newtone strings to everyone and anyone :) 

I can't image this will hang around long.

Cheers,
Eude

Was rather tempted by this bass myself... Remember seeing Eudes Beauty in the flesh when Jon was finishing it off when I went to pick up one of my Shukers.... Absolutely stunning bass in typical Shuker fashion! I think I need another Shuker in my life!?!

Regards
G!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...