Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1210H SMX Combo VGC (4x10 + horn) - WITHDRAWN
£295
Cambridge

nilebodgers

Trace Elliot 1210H SMX Combo for sale. This is a 1990s model that has the SMX 12-band preamp with valve blend and dual-band compressor. Power amp is the 250-280W Mosfet version.

Cab is 4 x 10" with horn and it has a rear slot port which makes the cabinet a little more compact. It is quite heavy though - 49kg I think.

Has been serviced and the preamp valve replaced a few years back. All the knobs and sliders are present and condition is very good. It has been hardly used since I got it in around 2003, just stored in a flightcase in my companies warehouse. It sounds huge and punchy, but I'm retiring and downsizing soon so don't want to bring it home and try and get it to my practice space upstairs!

It's too heavy to ship, but I can meet up or deliver for petrol money within a reasonable radius of Cambridge when we are allowed out again.

The pics aren't great, I can take more if required when I next go to the warehouse.

(Note: the flightcase isn't included - I don't own it. If the buyer regularly uses a van it might makes sense and I could see what it would go for (not much probably, may be foc), but the case makes it extremely bulky and heavy so I really wouldn't go there for normal car users. - see later post re. flightcase, I can include it if wanted for a little extra money)

REDUCED - now £275.00

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

Edited by nilebodgers
Price drop
  • Like 6

More pics taken. The pic from the front is powered up so the red LEDs are on and the lit controls are glowing a loverly green 👍 Pic of a driver and horn included pointing my phone through the port - all original Celestion + Fostex.

I can now include the flightcase as an optional extra for an additional £25. It's a full touring spec heavy duty 5star case, so very tough and heavy - van users only!

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

I had one of these back in the day and it was my first proper amp, cost me about £1,000 when I earned about £8000 a year!

I can honestly say after nearly 30 years of playing that it has yet to be surpassed by anything I've played since.

This one looks to be in great condition for it's age.

These things are heavy but they sound great and if I was closer to you I might have been tempted.

GLWTS 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davy said:

I had one of these back in the day and it was my first proper amp, cost me about £1,000 when I earned about £8000 a year!

I can honestly say after nearly 30 years of playing that it has yet to be surpassed by anything I've played since.

This one looks to be in great condition for it's age.

These things are heavy but they sound great and if I was closer to you I might have been tempted.

GLWTS 

I did a few gigs in Belgium and Luxembourg a few years back. The first few gigs one of these was supplied. I loved it. After that was an Ampeg Classic and an Ampeg 8x10. I loved that too but can honestly say that I had no preference between the two. Top kit. GLWTS.

• 3 weeks later...

When Nuclear Armageddon comes and the world ends the survivors will be found inside TE gear, safe and sound.

When electricity is reintroduced they will be heard for miles around and Bass Players of the world will rejoice...

LONG LIVE TRACE ELLIOT!!!

GLWTS btw...

• Haha 1

The house move is upon me so this will be stashed in storage for a good few months. I might put it up again next year, or if I buy a big enough new house it can live in my music room and be my practice amp 👍