Why become a member? ×

Greetings from the continent

basskraut

Hello bassists!

I'm a bass beginner from Germany. Though I bought my equipment (an Ebanez TR Series bass and a Larney Linebacker L50B) more than 20 years ago I've hardly played. Now I'm trying seriously... And I've passionately traveled the UK for three decades now. So I hope to learn here about playing bass and about the UK bass community both.

Best regards from the continent

basskraut

• Like 4

Hello BK, wilkommen.
As others have already said.... don't spend too long in the marketplace here on BC - you might end up with way too much bass gear ;) 

Stick with your playing this time around, and don't worry, I once gave up for 25 years :o 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 14:34, basskraut said:

Guten Tag! Danke, sehr gut. 👍🏻

Thank you for your GAS warning! 😬

He know about GAS... already ...he’s been here on basschat for about 15 minutes ...

you’re at home already ... 

Second thoughts - this is too good to be true. Is he perhaps on a secret mission from Mutti (Frau merkel) to steal COVID vaccines from us in order to inoculate the German government apparatus and so allow her to rule forever ? 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Geek99 said:

He know about GAS... already ...he’s been here on basschat for about 15 minutes ...

you’re at home already ... 

Second thoughts - this is too good to be true. Is he perhaps on a secret mission from Mutti (Frau merkel) to steal COVID vaccines from us in order to inoculate the German government apparatus and so allow her to rule forever ? 

Damn, unmasked! Mutti will be angry! :swoon:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Geek99 said:

... undercover hobbyist bass player..

"It's a cold night in Berlin". "The Ox las left the room, but his jacket is still here". "Leo got it right first time"

<Silence,  then the sound of a muffled pistol shot and  a body being wedged into a double bass case>

"Wrong answer my unfortunate friend"

By now, @basskraut will be having serious second thoughts about the chances of learning anything useful around here from wichsers like us

I worked in a Vienna warehouse for two years; I know more and better slang than this 

Edited by Geek99