Why become a member? ×

Can the HX Stomp XL do what I'm looking for? (Janek Gwizdala presets)

Martyin3d

Hi all, 

I'm completely new to modelling and effects in general so please excuse the dumb questions. I'm really interested in getting a HX stomp to use with Janek Gwizdalas presets as well as to experiment with other effects. I was looking at the XL as it seems like the controls are a bit more friendly.

The few questions I have are: 
1) Does anyone know how many blocks the Janek presets use? My hope is that I could stick an amp model in there and replace my amp for home practice. 
2) I haven't been able to find much information about an on board looper (other than that it's possible). Would I be able to have easy access to the looping functionality whilst using the Janek presets?
3) Would I be able to use all of this in conjunction? The looper, janek presets and amp modelling? The idea is that it would serve as a single bit of kit that I can use for home practice with headphones or studio monitors. Wondering if I might need to upgrade to the LT? I'd much rather use the stomp XL for the smaller form factor if possible. 

Thanks so much for any help, it's much appreciated!

Edited by Martyin3d

1. 5 blocks, so theres still 3 blocks left for amp, looper, eq or whatever. 

2. Yes, I use the JG preset with the looper on a footswitch without losing much functionality at all. 

3. Yes definitely. The stomp can do that easily, and the stomp xl just gives you more footswitches for increased switching options (although since you can assign multiple things to each footswitch I haven't found much need for that myself).