Why become a member? ×

Basschat is a good place!

Hutton

11 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Even some of the occasional heated debates seem relatively well mannered compared to other sites I’ve seen.

They seem well-mannered compared to Senior Common Rooms, the Royal Courts of Justice, and games of bridge among genteel ladies in the vicarage. Is it possible that Basschat is where a bunch of raving psychopaths come to indulge their decent, respectful, witty and warm-hearted alter egos? Just want to make sure I'll get out alive if I ever meet any of you in person.

Edited by Pseudonym
Of course, a psychopath might also say this.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

They seem well-mannered compared to Senior Common Rooms, the Royal Courts of Justice, and games of bridge among genteel ladies in the vicarage. Is it possible that Basschat is where a bunch of raving psychopaths come to indulge their decent, respectful, witty and warm-hearted alter egos? Just want to make sure I'll get out alive if I ever meet any of you in person.

Not raving psychopaths at all, just psychopaths :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, peeps are f*cking bloody courteous over here, and so polite, I think I can sh*t with my d*ck.

Let's meet in person : good idea, so I can slap your *ss.

Oops, thought I was across the pond, sorry.

Edit : Except for @Teebs of course.

Up to the North, death to Mancunians.

Long live Blian the gleat !

• Haha 3

Reminds me of the 'What is It?' sketch from Airplane where Leslie Neilsen says to the air hostess:

"This woman has to be gotten to a hospital '

And the air hostess says

" A hospital - what is it? "

To which Neilsen replies :

" It's a big building with patients "

IMO, Basschat is that big building and we're all the patients! 😁

On a serious note and in very general terms, I've always believed that Basschat is such a great forum because of the fundamental temperament and personality types that most of us bass players have/are... i.e. collaborative, team-players, grounded, non ego-driven etc, etc..

Except for @ped of course! 😉😂

Oh, and here's that Airplane sketch... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

On a serious note and in very general terms, I've always believed that Basschat is such a great forum because of the fundamental temperament and personality types that most of us bass players have/are... i.e. collaborative, team-players, grounded, non ego-driven etc, etc..

Interesting. Can you imagine what its like over at singerchat!? 😬

• Haha 5

Seeing as we all love BC so much we can always bung them some cash (£20) by subscribing to the Marketplace even if we're probably not going to be selling anything:

Yes, I'm a shill for the management.

Edited by skankdelvar
errant apostrophe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agreed! This is a very friendly and polite forum.  I've been a member since the previous 2 versions, so almost 20 years?

I've given stuff away for free and been touched by receiving a Stingray scratchplate free (MB1) and a set of strings free (Chiliwailer).  It's a great place.

I've made myself unpopular with my anti-lockdown views, but even then, the exchanges have been polite.  Long live basschat.  :)

Frank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1