Why become a member? ×

Basschat is a good place!

Hutton

I just wanted to make a mention of the courteous way we deal with each other. The feedback section is excellent and shows how pleasant it is to buy and sell on this forum. However, not all communications end with a sale but these exchanges don’t get into feedback. Courtesy and friendliness is still observed so I thought I would just post up to say how much I appreciate this community. I have been a member since the Bassworld days and have thoroughly enjoyed my membership. It’s a good place to be.👍

• Like 34

Some very very good people here, and yes, not all the good stuff gets into feedback. Couple of members have shown real kindness recently, and it’s much appreciated. I won’t mention their names as it would probably embarrass them, but thanks guys. Chris 

• Like 6

Speaking as somebody living in continental Europe, I can only say a big thank you to the BC forum and to the great folks who run it ..........and all of those who contribute.

It does feel like a family!! Different opinions are often aired, and the reactions are generally courteous. My dealings in the marketplace section have been overwhelmingly positive, which makes a change from some other online auctions or salerooms!!!

Thanks!!!!

• Like 8

I’d echo the sentiments from all so far. Great place to research gear and get good balanced opinions from people regarding it. I also like that even if you have a difference of opinion with someone in Off Topic those differences don’t seem to be held over, exactly as it should be. Who said that the bassists were the crazy ones eh? Oh, yes, erm, no-one.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Totally agree.

The only thing better than the online relationships is meeting other members in person. 

Yes, the Bashes are great for this. @scrumpymike’s epic BFSWBBs are the perfect way to spend a day (helped in large part by the sublime catering of Mrs Mike and her fellow Scrumpettes). One of these years I might make a road trip to a SE bash. 

• Like 3

Agree with all the above. BC is one of the rare sites I visit almost daily. Rarely see anything but helpful, polite and courteous posts on here. Also a mine of useful info on all things bass related.

As far as the for sale section is concerned - list a piece of gear for sale on Facebook and see the difference.

Thanks and well done to all. x

• Like 3

This is the only 'social media' I use, apart from my one post per year on facebook. 

I've learnt loads, been guided through projects by folks willing to share their  knowledge and skills, had items donated and even produced for free. I've tried to do likewise and help others out with any parts or knowledge I can share. 

For every tiny disagreement there is a mountain of courteous positivity.

Without getting too soppy, Basschat has made me a better person. 

Thanks to everyone. 

🙂👍

• Like 3

Just the other day I put up a question about recording and videoing. Had a personal message with "give us a call if you like" and a mobile number. This is a member I have purchased from once and we interact on some threads but that is a level of kindness and helpfulness beyond the norm. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes, the Bashes are great for this. @scrumpymike’s epic BFSWBBs are the perfect way to spend a day (helped in large part by the sublime catering of Mrs Mike and her fellow Scrumpettes). One of these years I might make a road trip to a SE bash. 

Thanks Rich.  For me Basschat is one of the real and constant joys in life.  Membership of this forum and looking forward to the next S-W Bash have helped me keep chipper throughout covid (OK, regular shots of GAS have helped too).  See you on 19th September 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

...I realise that there may be plenty that we don't see as it is dealt with before we get to read it...

As a Mod, may I join in here and say that there is, in fact, very little posted that needs our attention. Your (collective...) self-discipline and restraint make what is often a difficult and thankless task an interesting and productive pleasure (I Mod other Forums, so I can compare a bit...). There is an Admin side, keeping Spammers and Trolls in check, but in the main the standard of Member posts is high (I'm ignoring apostrophe errors, naturally..!). Keep it up, folks, and have a Collegial Hug from the Mod Team. :friends:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There is an Admin side, keeping Spammers and Trolls in check, but in the main the standard of Member posts is high (I'm ignoring apostrophe errors, naturally..!).

Thats good to hear, thank's. 

😉

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

... in the main the standard of Member posts is high (I'm ignoring apostrophe errors, naturally..!). Keep it up, folks, and have a Collegial Hug from the Mod Team. :friends:

I think mis-use of apostrophe's (!?) should result in instant excommunication. 😉

Edited by scrumpymike

I'm so impressed by the conduct of Basschat members that I might actually learn to play the bass.

10 hours ago, Beedster said:

Couple of members have shown real kindness recently, and it’s much appreciated. I won’t mention their names as it would probably embarrass them, but thanks guys.

Same here. I can only endorse what has been expressed on this thread. I have never come across a site that comes close to this one. It is a pleasure to come here and annoy tittilate mock intimidate sulk digress wildly support our troops on the DoI thread converse.

• Haha 5

Over the years I've participated on forums for fishing, shooting, radio control models, gardening, photography, cars and boats, with probably a few I've forgotten, but this is the exeption that proves the rule - if there is one - as already stated, 99.9% of the members are a pleasure to deal with and generally communicate with, 99.9% of the time.

Mega group hug 😄 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pseudonym said:

I'm so impressed by the conduct of Basschat members that I might actually learn to play the bass.

Same here. I can only endorse what has been expressed on this thread. I have never come across a site that comes close to this one. It is a pleasure to come here and annoy tittilate mock intimidate sulk digress wildly support our troops on the DoI thread soliloquise.

Fixed. -_-

:lol: :P

:friends:

• Haha 4