Why become a member? ×

Anyone know what I was doing in 1990?

leschirons

Ah 1990 was a great year for me as I was separating from mrs Spiders MK 1 🥂. I then got back into gigging, after 18 months of being unable to thanks to the mad-as-a-box-of-frogs ex, inspired by a bluddy good time for music and nearly destituting myself through myriad albums purchases; Chill Out by KLF,  Violator (D Mode), Swagger (Blue Aeroplanes), Fear of a Black Planet (Public Enemy),  90 (808 State),  Cowboys from Hell (Pantera), Bossanova (Pixies), Facelift (Alice in Chains), Ritual de lo Habitual (Jane's Addiction) and plenty more. What I didnt know was that the next 2, 3 years would be even better thanks largely to Grunge and the Baggy scene in Blighty.

• Like 1

My interest in chart music disappeared before the 90s but I thought I'd have a go at this.  I scored 7/20 which suprprised me.  I'll be honest though, all but two or the correct answers were complete guesses, and I wasn't too sure about those two.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/17MRdgnVQ5d6NTwnpJMJsVC/play-sounds-of-the-90s-ultimate-no-1s-quiz

21 minutes ago, inthedoghouse said:

My interest in chart music disappeared before the 90s but I thought I'd have a go at this.  I scored 7/20 which suprprised me.  I'll be honest though, all but two or the correct answers were complete guesses, and I wasn't too sure about those two.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/17MRdgnVQ5d6NTwnpJMJsVC/play-sounds-of-the-90s-ultimate-no-1s-quiz

My interest in chart music has yet to be aroused, so there's little point in me even trying to guess any of whatever is on offer here. No cigar for me, then, but as I don't smoke... 9_9

xD :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

My interest in chart music has yet to be aroused

My interest in chart music was aroused when I was aroused...
...and slowly developed the vague notion that "Penderecki",  "Xenakis" and "my book on Flemish Renaissance music" maybe were not the greatest of pick-up lines.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 2