Why become a member? ×

NBD! MiG Sadowsky metroline P

DiMarco

OK fine tuned the setup, fixed intonation and pickup height according to the new string action.

So before ordering this bass of course I had been reading up on owner experiences. Not a lot to be found sadly except for some rather bad experiences with the cheapest "metro express" series which are made in China. Mine however is the "Metro Line" which are built in Germany, where also the highest stock tier NYC or custom shop models (forgot the naming scheme for it) are being produced. Plus Roger Sadowsky is still hand building the toppest top tier instruments in the US.

I did hear someone mention interference noises and humming problems but mine is absolutely silent in between playing. Here's the competition the Sadowsky has in my rack o' bassness:

Headstocks.thumb.jpg.4f151b70504d13104d5cba5dd6fb09e3.jpg

Zon Sonus 5, EBMM Stingray 5 NeckThru, Fodera NYC Empire 5 deluxe in the fretted five string pool.
Both the Zon and Fodera are souped up Jazz Basses. The Stingray is a HS and can be switched into two single coils as well.

So the one thing I was missing is a Precision and a Precision++ is what I bought.

Active tone control in the Sadowsky is stacked bass+treb, boost only. There's also a vintage tone control for rolling off unwanted treble and make it sound oldskool, which can be pulled to disable the active electronics. The other two knobs are the regular volume and balance.

With the pickups in 50/50 the tone it produces has tons of spank, really clear but with tight bottom end and very responsive. In pure P mode it sounds close enough to a regular P, but having active tone controls on top is really really nice. I can tweak it very precisely with the available controls on the bass. Lovely! Soloing the bridge pup gets you into Jaco territory with harmonics jumping right off the fretboard when you even just think about them.

Warwick added a couple of nifty things to the Metro Line series like the invisible fret tech, the adjustable nut etc. The pickups I have heard are still the Sadowsky ones that are also on the USA models, but I have not been able to confirm this. Either way the pickups on this bass sound very good indeed. Tuners are good, bridge seems very solid. Nothing to complain about and an overall great quality, great sounding instrument. Well done, Warwick!

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 3