Why become a member? ×

Sold :Please Lock: Wal MK1 1983
£6000
Ireland

Mickb1773

Have to agree Piers ,it has kinda killed the Eu/uk second hand market and kinda left the new instruments market as it was.But it’s done now so we will have to get on with it ... I doubt the second hand bass market was high up on the list for the Brexit trade talks 😄

• Haha 1

It's a bit like Bass Chat's version of the National Gallery, that we really want all of Pete's babies to come to/stay in the UK.  Perhaps hopeful UK owners of Wals could now apply to the National Lottery for grants.  Now that would turbo-charge second hand prices!

GLWTS

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2021 at 20:40, Piers_Williamson said:

It's a bit like Bass Chat's version of the National Gallery, that we really want all of Pete's babies to come to/stay in the UK.  Perhaps hopeful UK owners of Wals could now apply to the National Lottery for grants.  Now that would turbo-charge second hand prices!

GLWTS

Great idea... 

About time 'all things bass' , especially world leading craftsmanship, got the recognition it deserves in this country !! 😁

GLWTS by the way.. 👍

• Like 2

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pay-less-import-duty-and-vat-when-re-importing-goods-to-the-uk-and-eu#what-you-can-claim-relief-on

..it's been away rather too long

Except, special dispensation on the 3: year limit for:.

"collectors’ or heritage items originally manufactured in the UK and returning from overseas after re-acquisition by a UK dealer or investor, for example collectable items of furniture or ceramics"

Wals pretty collectible these days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickb1773 said:

Thanks for the advice. I have it up on Facebook Wal Bass Group  plus the European bass Market place  for sale .. might put it up on Talkbass now that it’s back online after it’s outage 

cheers again 

no bother

I have bought a few basses on reverb also although they were squiers (not quite Wal money :) )

2 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

no bother

I have bought a few basses on reverb also although they were squiers (not quite Wal money :) )

Bought my MK2 via reverb; though I found it on the Facebook page before the buyer directed me to reverb. 

Only 5% Commission and all went very smoothly.  The good thing, for buyers, is that the buyer pays reverb before shipping but reverb only pays the seller when it arrives.  
Don't know what happens if the buyer claims not to have received it...

I should think this bass will sell like hotcakes to the USA, despite them having to pay sales tax AND import duty.  Cheaper than a new one and no 3yr wait... plus the myth that old Wals are somehow better than new Wals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,for those interested ,Wal are no longer accepting orders as they wait time is now over 4 years

*** Please note that the demand for our basses continues to exceed our production capacity, and our delivery time has now stretched to over four years. At this moment we are no longer accepting new orders until the backlog has reduced. Please let us know if you would like us to add you to our list to contact once when we are accepting orders again

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic