Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special 4HH - Charcoal Sparkle
£1850
Aberdeen

woodyratm

Hi folks, 

I'm looking to grab a Status in the next few months, so I've decided to sell my pride and joy - My EBMM Stingray Special 4HH. I've owned from new and it has been my most prized possession the entire time. 
Lovely finish, totally loved. I've just had it setup with new DR highbeams at RamJam in Aberdeen. 

She's got a 18v 3 band EQ and the usual 5 way pickup selector. 
And the neck 🥰 The ebony and roasted maple is amazing. It feels amazing. It's comfortably the best neck I've played - so taking a bit of a gamble of the Status! If it doesn't work out... I'll defo be back to the EBMM Special! 

Comes with EBMM hard case and Schaller strap locks. If anyone wants more photos, just let me know. 
This is the serial checker from EB. 

Serial #F82390
Manufactured January 3rd, 2019
Build Code 108-CP-50-01-CS-BM
Model StingRay Special HH
Color Charcoal Sparkle
Neck Roasted Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard
Pickguard Black Pickguard 2018
Hardware Matte Black Hardware

According to the EBMM website, the colour is discontinued and a few places I saw online aren't getting stock for a few months. 

I'm based in Aberdeen, but happy to look at shipping. 😉

20210319_141401.jpg

20210319_141612.jpg

20210319_141643.jpg

20210319_141651.jpg

20210319_141707.jpg

20210319_141714.jpg

Edited by woodyratm
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s a beauty, I’ve never had a stingray what is the nut width on these  🙂

Good question! I found this. 

• Fingerboard Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
  • Neck Width at Nut: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm)
  • Neck Width at Last Fret: 2-1/2" (63.5 mm)

To me, its wider than my custom jazz (70s jazz profile). But I felt super comfortable playing it instantly. Like a glove.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2021 at 11:21, Reggaebass said:

I keep coming back for another look 🙂

She's easily one of the nicest looking basses I've owned. IMO, the photos don't do it justice. I kinda wish I could justify keeping it, and still getting the Status. But I don't think the Kidney market is too hot just now - so needs must haha. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, woodyratm said:

She's easily one of the nicest looking basses I've owned. IMO, the photos don't do it justice. I kinda wish I could justify keeping it, and still getting the Status. But I don't think the Kidney market is too hot just now - so needs must haha. 

Great looking bass. GLWTS. treat yourself @Reggaebass 
What Status have you gone for... looking forward to a NBD thread 👍🏻

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Great looking bass. GLWTS. treat yourself @Reggaebass 
What Status have you gone for... looking forward to a NBD thread 👍🏻

I went for the Chris Wolstenholme in Woven Chrome with red LEDs - should look like this actually. Did consider headless, but I think that would baffle me too much!

6203-2.jpg

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, woodyratm said:

I went for the Chris Wolstenholme in Woven Chrome with red LEDs - should look like this actually. Did consider headless, but I think that would baffle me too much!

6203-2.jpg

Just Wow 🤩 

1 hour ago, woodyratm said:

6203-2.jpg

Lovely 😊 👍🏻. @Deedee another CW in the house!

• Like 2

On 06/04/2021 at 11:13, fretmeister said:

What is the weight please?

Weighed in just now at 7.8lbs. 3 times for good measure! Also it's shown that I need a diet. Sadtimes haha

Edited by woodyratm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I've never owned a Singray.  That colour combo is stunning.

I saw the colour online when I decided to grab the special and proper fell in love. It's even nicer in person IMO. 

If I wasn't getting married at the end of the year, i'd be tempted to just keep it. But weddings be pricey. So sadly it needs to pay the rest of the Status!

1 hour ago, woodyratm said:

I saw the colour online when I decided to grab the special and proper fell in love. It's even nicer in person IMO. 

If I wasn't getting married at the end of the year, i'd be tempted to just keep it. But weddings be pricey. So sadly it needs to pay the rest of the Status!

Crikey.  This has taken a bit of a left turn!  Playing the wedding card as well as the I-have-to-pay-for-a-new-bass.  If this had been me, I'd be fearing for my testicles.

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Crikey.  This has taken a bit of a left turn!  Playing the wedding card as well as the I-have-to-pay-for-a-new-bass.  If this had been me, I'd be fearing for my testicles.

Hah surprisingly I got "you'll play the bass, it keeps you sane. We're already nearly there for the wedding, so no issues." 

So I'm treating that as so long as I keep to our spreadsheet, it's fair game haha.