Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman SUB5 *3 band eq and pickup upgrade** NOW £300, trade options - *WITHDRAWN*
£395
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

PRICEDROP:  the market is dead at the moment and I would like to see this re-homed.  So a basically as new SUB5 with over £100 of mods. 
£300
TRADES CONSIDERED
Here is my Sterling by Musicman SUB5. I have modified it up to a higher spec than a stock one.  But I have bought another 5 string and have decided to let this go

Mods are:
New bridge (more like the ray35 style) Korean Made, very solid.
New three band pre amp (Musicman clone circuit, very, very close to the original), worth £80 in itself.
Side mounted Jack socket
Carbon fibre effect pickguard.
Kent armstrong Musicman style pickup (poleless)

The 3 band pre-amp is better balanced than the original and mates well with the KA pickup and has a good strong low end response that the original circuit didn't have.  Four controls on the scratchplate meant I had to add a side mounted jack.
Its a direct clone of the Mman circuit (even down to the board config)  Really well made.   Much more consistent than the sub5 original.

Body unmarked, Neck has a few spot of play wear nothing major.

I made the scratchplate (as SUB5 plates are all but impossible to find) its based on the slightly bigger sr5 plate, carbon fibre effect. 

Only downside really is that two screws left of from the original bridge are visible.
Stickers easily removable. Bill the cat sticker covers to uneeded screw holes from the original bridge
I can (at no extra cost) wire it for series/parallel switching.

All in all a very nice bass, not a super wide neck so easy to play, sounds like a musicman.  For £40 I will throw in an extra KA pickup (I had plans to go the double buck route.)

IMG_5359 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5360 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5357 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5358 - Copy.JPG

Edited by BaggyMan
updated description
  • Like 4

• BaggyMan changed the title to Sterling by Musicman SUB5 *3 band eq upgrade** NOW £300, trade options
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • BaggyMan changed the title to Sterling by Musicman SUB5 *3 band eq and pickup upgrade** NOW £300, trade options
  • 3 weeks later...
  • BaggyMan changed the title to WITHDRAWN