Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£200
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

Downsize bargain.  This is a Harley Benton MB5. Started out as a passive classic Musicman like bass, nicely built, even had good tuners which can be sketchy on basses at this price point.

I have Modded this to a real bad boy of a bass:

Neater bridge (much better than the big plate bridges they come with as stock)  See before and after pics.  Can supply old bridge if required.

2 band EQ from a Sterling by Musicman SUB 5. Is a better mate to this pickup than the sterling i feel not harsh but still has the Musicman punch.  I can throw in a used Brubaker brute Mman pickup for an extra £30.  (poleless so murder out would be complete!)

Series/parallel/single switching, opens the sound up wonderfully. 

One slight downside, some neck oil got onto the finish on the back. Not easy to remove from the matt finish, but it will come off in time is suppose, (see pic) not visible from the front, otherwise the bass is perfect.

This is basically an inexpensive 'classic' like bass, with some serious punch, really nice action, good fret finish.  un gigged bit like me for the last year or so..

Nut width is 45mm

string spacing 18 mm

Weight 4.1 Kg

I can wrap the scratchplate in car wrap vinyl (black textured for the full blackout F.O.C) example pic of finish available on request.

May be an image of guitar

(before and after shots...)

20201208_124610.jpg

blackie.jpg

20210102_134015.jpg

IMG_5156.JPG

Edited by BaggyMan
sold
  • Like 3

• MB1 locked this topic