Why become a member? ×

Looking for a free synth VST

Stylon Pilson

5 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

* Apply a dedicated 'bass synth' VST effect to the audio - basically like running your bass through a 'bass synth' effects pedal. Probably won't be as authentic sounding but it would get you there.

PS: I've got an old Synth Bass VST lurking somewhere on an external drive - let me have a poke around and get back to you.

OK, forget it. The VST was a Fretted Synth 3rd Bass - an amp sim with an incredibly basic 'synth' section and a bit shyte tbph

OTOH it seems Fretted Synth also did the GCBS4  (a so-called 'guitar controlled bass synth') here: 

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/446/

Run through of sounds here ↓

15 hours ago, Stylon Pilson said:

I apologise if I'm being a bit thick, but what I'm looking for is a VST that I can apply to an already-recorded bass part to give it the feeling of having been played through a EHX Bass Mono Synth pedal or something like that. I'm not looking to create an entirely-synthesised bassline from scratch. As lowdown hit upon above, this is going to go into a video, and the end result needs to at least bear some resemblance to how we look and sound at a gig.

From looking at most of the plugins linked above, they don't seem to have the facility to operate in this way?

S.P.

In that case I think I would be looking to copy the bass track onto several audio channels, add different layers of effects to each channel until you get what you want.  I think you'd have to start with envelope filters and octavers.

What you add really depends on what virtual pedals you have available