Why become a member? ×

My dog doesn’t like slap bass

Beedster

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I reckon that if enough of us took our respective hounds to the next Bass Bash, the chorus of disapproval might drown out even the most determined of slappers :) 

Bass show, not nearby dungeon 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Marvin said:

Is that a greyhound? We're rehoming a greyhound in a few weeks

I'm really pleased you are giving one a home 🙂  We have two greys and two lurchers.  We lost the other of our greys last year. 😞

Yes, he's a greyhound - one of the big ones at around 40 kilo.  For some unknown reason the black ones seem to be harder to find a home for.  He had never been in a house before we had him so we had to coax him in.  He wouldn't be in the same room as the TV when it was on or let us sit next to him at first.  But over the weeks he settled in and now just wants nothing more than to be where he feels safe at home and have somewhere comfy to sleep the day away, which is all any of them want.  Now he's just a big daft lazy lump like our other grey (who settled in as a soon as he walked through the door) 🙂  It's a common misconception that they need a lot of excercise - most of them seem to want to sleep all day 🙂

Some of them don't 'do' stairs at home because they may never seen them before so don't know what to do.  Our big boy in the photo went bounding up the stairs afer a few days then stood at the top wondering how he was going to get down.  We had to coax him down, leg by leg, stair by stair.  Now he's up and down like a yo-yo and often spends the day in (on the) bed upstairs.  Our other grey has never been upstairs and has never even tried the stairs.  The girl we lost happily did stairs too.

Where are you getting yours from?  I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice from the adoption people you get yours from.  They really are wonderful dogs to have around and it's often said they are quite 'different' to other dogs.  Be aware though, they are very addictive and you may find yourself in the cult before you know it 🙂

There are lots of great (greyt) FB pages out these and lots of greys have their own pages.

I especially like this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/382413792223534

A fun but true read https://www.bluethegrey.com/10-reasons-not-to-adopt-a-greyhound?fbclid=IwAR0ZcEWvDP2WL-RQQjmapMYXcRVXpAnV0Eh6X-mdpQllnp1cKiN-gsm4gkY

Sorry I've rambled a bit but it's one of my 'pet' subjects 🙂 

Please be sure to post pics of yours or send me a PM

Have fun

Dave

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 20/03/2021 at 10:46, inthedoghouse said:

I'm really pleased you are giving one a home 🙂  We have two greys and two lurchers.  We lost the other of our greys last year. 😞

Yes, he's a greyhound - one of the big ones at around 40 kilo.  For some unknown reason the black ones seem to be harder to find a home for.  He had never been in a house before we had him so we had to coax him in.  He wouldn't be in the same room as the TV when it was on or let us sit next to him at first.  But over the weeks he settled in and now just wants nothing more than to be where he feels safe at home and have somewhere comfy to sleep the day away, which is all any of them want.  Now he's just a big daft lazy lump like our other grey (who settled in as a soon as he walked through the door) 🙂  It's a common misconception that they need a lot of excercise - most of them seem to want to sleep all day 🙂

Some of them don't 'do' stairs at home because they may never seen them before so don't know what to do.  Our big boy in the photo went bounding up the stairs afer a few days then stood at the top wondering how he was going to get down.  We had to coax him down, leg by leg, stair by stair.  Now he's up and down like a yo-yo and often spends the day in (on the) bed upstairs.  Our other grey has never been upstairs and has never even tried the stairs.  The girl we lost happily did stairs too.

Where are you getting yours from?  I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice from the adoption people you get yours from.  They really are wonderful dogs to have around and it's often said they are quite 'different' to other dogs.  Be aware though, they are very addictive and you may find yourself in the cult before you know it 🙂

There are lots of great (greyt) FB pages out these and lots of greys have their own pages.

I especially like this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/382413792223534

A fun but true read https://www.bluethegrey.com/10-reasons-not-to-adopt-a-greyhound?fbclid=IwAR0ZcEWvDP2WL-RQQjmapMYXcRVXpAnV0Eh6X-mdpQllnp1cKiN-gsm4gkY

Sorry I've rambled a bit but it's one of my 'pet' subjects 🙂 

Please be sure to post pics of yours or send me a PM

Have fun

Dave

Thank you for the info and links. That's a great looking greyhound

We're rehoming a 4 year old female greyhound from the local branch of The Greyhound Trust. She's quite small apparently, about 26kg, quiet and a bit shy. She has to be neutered and given 10 days recovery, but hopefully she'll be with us just after Easter Bank Holiday. 

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Thank you for the info and links. That's a great looking greyhound

We're rehoming a 4 year old female greyhound from the local branch of The Greyhound Trust. She's quiet small apparently, about 26kg, quiet and a bit shy. She has to be neutered and given 10 days recovery, but hopefully she'll be with us just after Easter Bank Holiday.

Awww, I'm sure you'll be very happy with her - they really are wonderful dogs to have around.  She'll come out of herself over time and develop her own personality as she gets used to her new forever home.  Please send me some pics or post on here when you get her.  🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...