Why become a member? ×

My dog doesn’t like slap bass

Beedster

Sitting in the living room next to Buddy, our Choc Lab. looking through some BC threads, find one that looks interesting, press play, nice four on the floor drum pattern, then in comes the bass, Buddy gets up, looks at me angrily and walks out :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

The only other thing he appears to hate as much as slap bass is the garden hose with which, simply by moving towards it, i can regulate his behaviour significantly. Slap bass might just become the indoor equivalent. I might establish a new school of dog training based on the works of Miller et al :) 

54 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Sitting in the living room next to Buddy, our Choc Lab. looking through some BC threads, find one that looks interesting, press play, nice four on the floor drum pattern, then in comes the bass, Buddy gets up, looks at me angrily and walks out :) 

Best thread ever! 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

Smart dog - our fudge is a choc lab and ridiculously smart; I doubt she’d be a fan either 

A0FDAA01-2534-4DBF-B086-A99E1D0EF5E7.jpeg

2EF10F3F-0B89-4D0D-B2BB-62BA1CCFE2EF.jpeg

fudge and toffee - I asked them about slap bass but they seemed to think I was suggesting snacks of some kind - though one did also fart, so maybe we should draw a conclusion from that on the topic 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Our four will never knowingly find out if they like slap bass or not unless they accidentally heard a moment or two on a Youtube clip before I managed to hit the 'back' button.

But who knows, when they are kicking their legs about like crazy when they dream ... they might just be running away from hearing slap bass 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

More a “lack of poor taste” I suspect 

slap bass does not smell of 

squirrels

webbox

bonio

old shoes 

underwear

cats

poo  (okay jury out on that one perhaps ) 

so unlikely to get a positive response from pretty much any mutt 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Beedster said:

I agree with Buddy ;) 😛 

John 😎 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beedster said:

You think that's bad. Leonard runs out of the room if I even walk in carrying a bass/guitar. I don't even have to play it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1