Why become a member? ×

Amplitube 5

Nicko

Has anyone upgraded from Amplitube 4 to 5?  I got an email saying that they were stopping support for 4 so I should upgrade - but should I leave it as long as possible or just get on with it?  I only use the free stuff at the moment which includes the SVT bass bundle but was considering a guitar amp or two from the custom shop.

I upgraded to A5, but have gone back to using only A3, as the 'new' stuff in A5 doesn't recognise the extras I'd bought for A3 any more, and my A4 brought me nothing special. If you are only interested in the free stuff, there's probably no problem, but I'm not going to buy again the amps and Fx I'd already bought (and was satisfied with...) for A3. I'm not best pleased with their backward compatibility, nor the 'half-truths' whereby they 'gift' part of a package, but you have to buy more to use it. IK Multimedia..? I'm out. ¬¬

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

The email specifically states that any purchases already made will be compatible with A5 so I'm surprised that your purchased A3 items failed to work.🤔  As I said I'm considering buying some guitar amps.  The SVT bass bundle was a freebie and is good but the free guitar amps are a bit fizzy.

I upgraded, and everything works, I posted about it here:

I just had to copy the presets from the A4 folder to the A5 one. All the gear works. It's not very obvious but all you need to make all your A4 stuff work is Amplitube 5 SE which is free if you own Amplitube 4. 5 works alongside 4 and won't cost you anything (apart from disc space) so you might as well do it, you can keep using 4 in the meantime anyway.

I just installed the new IK Product Manager and used that to install Amplitube 5 SE, then it's just a case of finding the presets and copying them over.

Edited by adamg67
  • Thanks 2

I took the plunge, installed Amplitube 5 and can report that all is well.  The IK product manager is a royal pain - the version I had wouldn't upgrade so had to download from scratch.  Of course once A5 is installed the windows installer restarts the computer and then you have to go back into product manager to authorise it - why oh why aren't the free bits downloadable without authorisation?

All the stuff I had before seems to be there.

My presets weren't worth keeping. 

• Like 1

I just moved across to Amplitube 5 too. So far I've found the differences with layout which are an improvement and everything has moved over from 4 OK for me. 

I'm happy with it for what i use it for and on mac it wasn't at all difficult to install.