Why become a member? ×

Peavey Unity Bass **SOLD**
£300
Bolton

Pow_22

Here we have something of a mystery USA Peavey bass.  Its DEFINITELY a Unity bass – meaning its through neck.  It ISNT a Dyna bass as only three controls and is passive PJ (though the wiring column in the back does have a dedicated battery section so seems to be off the same production line as the Dyna basses).  Some suggested a B-Ninety but they seem to be bolt on necks??  From my full research I’m about 80% confident it is a Foundation Unity bass

Ill be honest, it’s a bit scruffy with plenty of swirly play wear and at the heel of the neck it looks like someone has been wearing a proper Lemmy type belt whilst playing.  I haven’t had it long and all ive really done to it is stuck some Pressurewounds, a gold bridge (original black also supplied) on it and tweaked the truss.  The plan was to eventually upgrade to some active EMG’s or something – there’s plenty of room in that cavity to play with!  

What got me about this bass is the black glossy curved front to the body that reminds me a bit of the Spector design.  Very comfortable neck, nice and shallow with a nut width of just shy of 40mm.  A very comfy bass to play and the through neck gives really easy access to the upper frets

It would probably buff and clean up even better but it was bought as a project and to be a cheaper version of a Spector (I know, I know)

Great USA build and the serial number indicates a 1991 YOB according to the various look up sites.

Comes with a substantial and original fitted Peavey hard case

Can be tried and heard through my SVT hear in Bolton or could post within UK potentially.  Ideally looking for £300 ono collected.

Pics to follow asap

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pow_22 said:

So, weighing with luggage scales im getting pretty much bang on 10lb.  Obviously not the most accurate way of doing in but in lieu of bathroom scales its as good as i can do

You lucky bugger!!!  Got a bathrom have you?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ProfJames said:

They are just as well made as the T40

Better made I'd say. T-40's are 6lb of timber with another 6lb of metal bolted on 😱

@Pow_22's bass is definitely a Unity, they got some " best bass " award from Bass Player magazine 🙂

The Dynabass was a bolt on active with 2 single coils, Dynabass/Unity series was a neck through active PJ.

Going L to R. Dyna/Unity, Dyna and then Unity.

Dyna-Unity-Dyna-Unity.thumb.gif.e50cef137d4e1afdb9899d7fac8a3578.gif

To confuse matters these were also sold in the UK  as Dynabass/ International Series.

International.thumb.JPG.33f9f9c16a59cde67365bbc5d8a11017.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

So, weighing with luggage scales im getting pretty much bang on 10lb.  Obviously not the most accurate way of doing in but in lieu of bathroom scales its as good as i can do

Thank you.  And thank heavens it is far too heavy.  I am trying to cut down, not increase, but that would have been way beyond tempting had it been 8lbs. This has to be an absolute bargain, especially with the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Better made I'd say. T-40's are 6lb of timber with another 6lb of metal bolted on 😱

@Pow_22's bass is definitely a Unity, they got some " best bass " award from Bass Player magazine 🙂

The Dynabass was a bolt on active with 2 single coils, Dynabass/Unity series was a neck through active PJ.

Going L to R. Dyna/Unity, Dyna and then Unity. 924.89 kB · 0 downloads

Dyna-Unity-Dyna-Unity.thumb.gif.e50cef137d4e1afdb9899d7fac8a3578.gif

To confuse matters these were also sold in the UK  as Dynabass/ International Series.

International.thumb.JPG.33f9f9c16a59cde67365bbc5d8a11017.JPG

Nice mask of you on the radiator @kodiakblair.....!!

16 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

I'm really surprised. My first ever 'proper' bass which i still have is feather light? It's in a lock up at the mo' so cant weigh it. If i recollect they are made with some exotic woods? but i could be mistaken

Just as a quick update. Despite my thread waxing lyrical about the GHS Pressurewounds i managed to snap a G last night!!!  Being previously a full time flats user this mist be the first string ive snapped in years!  As such this is now strung up with my previous favourite non-flat strings - Elites Groundwound. Still sounds monumental 

• Like 1

Had a few messages regarding postage.  Will attempt to get some firm P&P quotes this week.  I have plenty of bubble wrap and the case is substantial enough to take postage without an additional cardboard box

• Like 1

right so P&P will be around £15 to UK by the sounds of it.  Been also asked about trades - while cash is king i would consider swap/part ex for an Ampeg SVT III non pro (has to be the non pro version) with cash top up if needed from me.  Still much prefer sale

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic