Why become a member? ×

FS: Avalon VT737sp channel strip/compressor
£1500
Canterbury

Beedster

For sale only is a very very lovely piece of proper old school studio gear, bought by me at a point in time at which I genuinely thought I could justify having so much money tied up in studio hardware, but as i'm finding myself, sadly, doing nearly everything in the box for a number of reasons, and as money is not quite a plentiful as I'd like it to be, it's up for sale. Bought this time last year from a well known London Studio where it has been well looked after, maintained and serviced, it's a glorious piece of kit that weighs about the same as my last Mesa bass head, and as was the case with the Mesa, there is some serious well engineered circuitry and glass-wear in what is also a seriously well engineered box.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. 

This is for sale only I'm afraid. I'd prefer collection/meet-up with this, but am also happy to send via insured courier

image.thumb.png.f11921d45f91e06085f390c0cd560913.png

image.thumb.png.20a28ec9240f6dfda2e076865f7242f1.png

image.thumb.png.4dfc1c88899b45f67d884d0a806ddf14.png

image.thumb.png.c6dd92deccc040251d9f17d77fd115f3.png

image.thumb.png.0b2bf9d95b5e5ce8ca0d8ffee881afb1.png

image.thumb.png.53751755f57d0ccbd9867cf29846fbdd.png

image.thumb.png.adbbad57b7b7ffc60759502d6473c56b.png

image.thumb.png.139c04665eefec3fadbebd0f2c1157da.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, CalDeep said:

Fantastic unit, fantastic price. The right person will get a bargain on something they will probably have for life 

Thanks Cal, it's a decent piece of kit for sure, does for many instruments - especially the voice - what a B-15 does for a bass :)

Ha ha, thanks guys, the very reason I bought it :)

I have this listed on eBay on the basis that this being a bass forum limits the potential for it selling somewhat. I've had a few offers already so if you are interested, please get in touch. Happy to haggle within reason :)

2 minutes ago, owen said:

Need this I do not. Fancy it I do. Justify it I cannot. Sadness that creates. 

This is not the channel strip you are looking for Owen (please see your feedback thread for explanation) :)

• Haha 1

Have to say that owning this was not unlike owning my '64 Precision, something I just had to do at some point in my life. If I had the time and the patience this would be going nowhere, but I have to work in three locations, usually in the box, so £1500 worth of channel strip sitting in my studio virtually unused is equivalent to my owning a '64 Precision that I didn't dare take to gigs. My thinking on selling this is that at a point in time when I am better able to use it and when my families finances are in better shape, I will buy another and as per the above post by Cal, keep it for the rest of my days. Sadly, that time is not now :(

This would be perfect in a 4U rack with my big ‘ol Crest CA9, banging it out at a gig. But come up when I’m pretty much spent out this last year. Unaware if anyone uses these as a live pre- maybe a few over the pond?

Haven’t got the funds at the moment, so a pointless reply from me really- he he. 

But a GLWTS, for one of the all time killer pre amps.

• Like 1

I'm withdrawing this, at least for the time being, as whilst basses come and go, these are few and far between and increasingly expensive used. If I got my work location sorted I would be using it daily, and I think that's what I'm going to aim for. I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I assumed I could replace this hardware version with the UAD plugin which gets some very good reviews, but I didn't do my homework and that version will only run on Universal Audio hardware.

So, all in all it's nice to be able to keep it :)

• Like 1

• ped locked this topic