Why become a member? ×

MonoNeon guesting in with Scary Pockets

EBS_freak

17 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Is Scary Pockets the only band that comes with individually packaged band members in display cases and a drummer left loose to rattle around the toy box when the band isn't in use?

image.png.6a103819430b77bbf41373881eaaf236.png

This lot get their audience wrapped up too....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

This lot get their audience wrapped up too....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

I saw the news report at the time.

You have to admire The 'Lips for trying.  I don't think you'd get me in one of those things however.  Maybe when I was under the age of thirty or so but not now.

6 hours ago, acidbass said:

Scary Pockets are just an average cover band really, some good musicians but are they doing anything original?

No but I have really enjoyed  hearing world class bass players like mononeon , Tim Lefebvre and Nick Campbell  banging through wedding tunes and doing their thing ( and I've  nicked lots of licks)

Edited by spencer.b
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Simon. said:

I do like a bit of Scary Pockets. 👍

I've heard the MonoNeon name but not heard a lot of his stuff. Any pointers, because as tight and nice as the bass playing was, it didn't jump out at me...

Edited by spencer.b
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

I despair that musicians can't appreciate strong performances of other musicians.

Musicians are the most salty breed out there.

The narrative, "we are all friends, we all support each other, we are all "good friends" etc...", meanwhile, they can't bring themselves to click a simple like button in support of others - and will go after your gig or use you to their own advantage, whilst bad mouthing you to your peers and generally stabbing you in the back.

Terrible isn't it?

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Musicians are the most salty breed out there.

The narrative, "we are all friends, we all support each other, we are all "good friends" etc...", meanwhile, they can't bring themselves to click a simple like button in support of others - and will go after your gig or use to their own advantage, whilst bad mouthing you to your peers and generally stabbing you in the back.

Terrible isn't it?

Society wide - jealous ones envy - fortunately I stay average so no one would want what I got  aside from the wife who is amazing and can more than handle herself.

I liked the balance of that track - great vocals too

4 hours ago, chris_b said:

I despair that musicians can't appreciate strong performances of other musicians.

I maybe going out on a limb year but I guess most of us here can appreciate stuff that doesn't actually float our particular boat. I recognise this band are really tight, play at a high level and look like they're enjoying themselves. All good. It's just that there do happen to be lots of very good bands in the webverse playing this style of music.

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

I maybe going out on a limb year but I guess most of us here can appreciate stuff that doesn't actually float our particular boat. I recognise this band are really tight, play at a high level and look like they're enjoying themselves. All good. It's just that there do happen to be lots of very good bands in the webverse playing this style of music.

Indeed there are - but few get all the elements right - the video production, the players, the choice of song, the production on the audio, the branding.

Not saying Scary Pockets hit the mark every time for me music wise - but their quality control is exceptional.

• Like 2

MonoNeon's playing is always great, for all his eccentricities, his band playing is often quite beautifully nuanced. His note choices in this Jackson cover are wonderful, as well as his really well controlled use of the Whammy for that synth bass sound.

Si