Why become a member? ×

*Now Sold* Musicman Stingray 3eq 2005 Black/Black/Maple
£1100
Chesterfield

stingraybassman

*SOLD* I am officially the Artist formerly know as Stingraybassman

Hi Folks,

Never thought the day would come, but a mixture of not playing it much anymore (and a disaster on the Football Index) I'm parting ways with this beautiful bass.Owned from brand new in 2005 (whatever PMT in Manchester was known as back then), 18th Birthday Present (I'm 33 Now). I've grown up with it and will be so sad to see it go.

2005 3eq in Black with Maple Fretboard. Well played but in amazing condition. 2 small marks on the headstock and bottom horn that I've pictured. Currently strung with D'Addario flats that are nicely broken in and sound wonderfully muted. We all know how much these rip with Rounds on as well. Neck has worn great and has the great smooth feel of the unfinished 'Rays. 

Without sounding sentimental, I grew up with this bass. Made some amazing memories. It deserves to go to someone who will play it to death as I once did.

Located in Chesterfield, happy to ship at buyers expense. 

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

Edited by stingraybassman
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 16:37, stingraybassman said:

Hi Folks,

Never thought the day would come, but a mixture of not playing it much anymore (and a disaster on the Football Index) I'm parting ways with this beautiful bass.Owned from brand new in 2005 (whatever PMT in Manchester was known as back then), 18th Birthday Present (I'm 33 Now). I've grown up with it and will be so sad to see it go.

2005 3eq in Black with Maple Fretboard. Well played but in amazing condition. 2 small marks on the headstock and bottom horn that I've pictured. Currently strung with D'Addario flats that are nicely broken in and sound wonderfully muted. We all know how much these rip with Rounds on as well. Neck has worn great and has the great smooth feel of the unfinished 'Rays. 

Without sounding sentimental, I grew up with this bass. Made some amazing memories. It deserves to go to someone who will play it to death as I once did.

Located in Chesterfield, happy to ship at buyers expense.

Nice one. I used to own the same model. Very fair price, especially if one considers what Stingrays cost nowadays (£3k!).

BTW, PMT Manchester (technically Salford) used to be called Sound Control. That's where I bought my first ever bass!

GLWTS 👍

On 19/04/2021 at 00:14, Eldon Tyrell said:

Nice one. I used to own the same model. Very fair price, especially if one considers what Stingrays cost nowadays (£3k!).

BTW, PMT Manchester (technically Salford) used to be called Sound Control. That's where I bought my first ever bass!

GLWTS 👍

Thank you sir! That was buried in my mind somewhere. 

Couple of weight queries, 9lbs 11oz on the Bathroom scales 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...