Why become a member? ×

NBD - Modulus FU4

Paul_1991

13 hours ago, Paul_1991 said:

Thanks Hiram.

I've a '97 version and this seems totally different, only 7lbs as well which I'm sure will reap reward for my back :) 

I’ve been wondering about those RevOlLite basses for some time, 7lbs is great, nice score Paul! 
Is there any downward neck pull on a strap?

1 hour ago, Chiliwailer said:

I’ve been wondering about those RevOlLite basses for some time, 7lbs is great, nice score Paul! 
Is there any downward neck pull on a strap?

Thanks mate. Do you still have any Modulus basses at the moment? Recall that purple sparkle you had, still regret not getting that one off you!

No downward neck pull at all, seems really well balanced. 7lbs just seems surreal for a bass, much more comfortable to both sit and stand. Never really thought a great deal of it until now; I've been playing a 40th Anniversary Stingray lately and that must be a good 10lbs but the difference between that and this new axe is staggering.

31 minutes ago, Paul_1991 said:

Thanks mate. Do you still have any Modulus basses at the moment? Recall that purple sparkle you had, still regret not getting that one off you!

No downward neck pull at all, seems really well balanced. 7lbs just seems surreal for a bass, much more comfortable to both sit and stand. Never really thought a great deal of it until now; I've been playing a 40th Anniversary Stingray lately and that must be a good 10lbs but the difference between that and this new axe is staggering.

@hiram.k.hackenbacker is the purple FB4’s current guardian, I only half regret selling it though would buy it back if Warren ever lost his marbles 😂 I’ve had another since, but couldn’t really justify keeping it. But, one like yours would easily persuade me - that one has it all for me 👍

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’ll save Daniel the pain of typing it. That’ll be the one I have 😎

That is a fantastic instrument, glad that it has stayed in the Bass Chat family :D 

4 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

I’ve had another since, but couldn’t really justify keeping it. But, one like yours would easily persuade me - that one has it all for me 👍

I'll see how I get on with this one but after 24hrs it certainly appears to have it all including a great tone. I've a '97 sparkle to go alongside this but certainly will struggle to justify owning 2, the '97 is a bit of a case queen and I rarely play it, it's a sentimental piece for my youth spent ogling Flea's collection and always wishing to own one! 

• Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 14:46, Paul_1991 said:

Took the plunge on an additional Modulus FU4; hope you all enjoy looking at this one!

Imported from the US of A. 2019 model in a matte black finish.

image.thumb.png.aa9466f7acdc35ea157df9f50974d8e9.png

Oooft. What a monster!

I've been fantasising about buying one through Planet Bass but the initial cost then VAT and Customs on top is quite frankly giving me the absolute fear. Not to mention waiting God knows how long for it to actually get here.

But I need me an orange flake FU....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bassnumpty said:

Oooft. What a monster!

I've been fantasising about buying one through Planet Bass but the initial cost then VAT and Customs on top is quite frankly giving me the absolute fear. Not to mention waiting God knows how long for it to actually get here.

But I need me an orange flake FU....

Yeah I think Planet Bass would be pushing $5k plus very easily. Mind you, I haven't actually paid any duties on this bass yet and it arrived a week ago, thought I'd get a message from Fed Ex to say come and collect to pay duties. Keep thinking surely I can't have gotten away with this!!

I don't think I've ever seen an orange FU for sale in the UK, still longing for a purple flake :D 

• Like 1

Stunning!

I could never own a bass with that kind of finish as it would just get scratched instantly for me and I'd hate myself!  But it looks fantastic.  LP pickup too, didn't even know basses like this were still coming out the Modulus shop!

28 minutes ago, Paul_1991 said:

Yeah I think Planet Bass would be pushing $5k plus very easily. Mind you, I haven't actually paid any duties on this bass yet and it arrived a week ago, thought I'd get a message from Fed Ex to say come and collect to pay duties. Keep thinking surely I can't have gotten away with this!!

I don't think I've ever seen an orange FU for sale in the UK, still longing for a purple flake :D 

Lots of blue and silver flake ones up on Ebay regularly but I fancy something with that "What the hell is that?!" Factor! Purple flake must look absolutely stunning though, having never seen it personally.

I did get in touch with Planet Bass a while ago to ask for prices and there was no variation from the website. So the spec id put forward (basically the Lane Poor, OBP1 preamp and orange flake finish without matching headstock) was nearly $5500. Then Her Majesty gets her cut, then the rest.

Can I afford to chuck £5k on a bass?

No.

Do I want to?

Hell yes!

It would lead to a lengthy and expensive divorce no doubt.

Hope you get away with the duties!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kev said:

Stunning!

I could never own a bass with that kind of finish as it would just get scratched instantly for me and I'd hate myself!  But it looks fantastic.  LP pickup too, didn't even know basses like this were still coming out the Modulus shop!

Thanks, Kev!

I'm being super careful not to knock or scratch this one! I believe it's a "LP Legacy" pickup, really good attack and sustain as ever from a Modulus.