Why become a member? ×

VOX Bill Wyman Teardrop Bass Dimensions?

thebrig

I'm thinking of making a bass similar to the VOX Bill Wyman Teardrop Bass, and would like a rough idea of the length and width of the body so that I know what size body blank I would need.

Maybe if you own one, would you be kind enough to measure the width and length of the body for me please?

Bill Wyman Bass (Transparent).png

• Like 1

That's true, I never thought of that.

The scale length is 770mm and it looks like the top of the body to the bottom of the body is more or less the same as the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge, which would make it around 385mm, the width looks to be around two thirds of the length making it about 256mm.

I’m sorry I can’t help you out with dimensions and stuff, BUT if you’re planning a build I’m subscribing, that’s for sure 👍

I’ve played a couple of vintage Wyman / Teardrop basses in the past and always loved the feel of the necks on them. Underrated basses, I think.

7 minutes ago, meterman said:

I’m sorry I can’t help you out with dimensions and stuff, BUT if you’re planning a build I’m subscribing, that’s for sure 👍

I’ve played a couple of vintage Wyman / Teardrop basses in the past and always loved the feel of the necks on them. Underrated basses, I think.

It won't be for a couple of months as I still have some DIY jobs to do first. ☹️ 

It's the shape of the body that I like most, but I do think it will mean horrific neck-dive, the neck will probably be similar to a jazz neck specs.