Why become a member? ×

NBD - Sire Marcus Miller M2

Jolltax

I use an audio interface connected to my PC so I can play along with pretty much anything (Youtube, spotify, mp3's, netflix, TV?), it actually works particularly well as I am doing online lessons, so I play along with the teacher whilst it streams.  I can also record a mike at the same time should I want to speak or sing (never gonna happen) and I can mix on the PC or adjust gain on the interface.  I am sure a lot of guys on here must use them to record themselves digitally without the need for a microphone.

You are right about portability though , I have actually been surprised at how well it has been working but would need at least a laptop, technically I believe it is also possible to plug in and power my interface from a phone and use in the same way - haven't tried this yet?  The good news is that audio interfaces are pretty cheap, you can get a functional one for £50 here in the UK, I already owned mine as I use it to record voice for another project I mess around with. I'll save up for an amp in the mean time ...

ai.jpg.ca1c9e046ff555fce3f74b037c5d7361.jpg

Er just just noticed the dog hair, sorry! Filthy me....

39 minutes ago, Jolltax said:

I use an audio interface connected to my PC so I can play along with pretty much anything (Youtube, spotify, mp3's, netflix, TV?), it actually works particularly well as I am doing online lessons, so I play along with the teacher whilst it streams.  I can also record a mike at the same time should I want to speak or sing (never gonna happen) and I can mix on the PC or adjust gain on the interface.  I am sure a lot of guys on here must use them to record themselves digitally without the need for a microphone.

You are right about portability though , I have actually been surprised at how well it has been working but would need at least a laptop, technically I believe it is also possible to plug in and power my interface from a phone and use in the same way - haven't tried this yet?  The good news is that audio interfaces are pretty cheap, you can get a functional one for £50 here in the UK, I already owned mine as I use it to record voice for another project I mess around with. I'll save up for an amp in the mean time ...

ai.jpg.ca1c9e046ff555fce3f74b037c5d7361.jpg

Er just just noticed the dog hair, sorry! Filthy me....

Look out for the Behringer UMC22 interfaces on Amazon - they're dirt cheap, the cream is actually really good and they're amazingly solidly built, too. Bus powered, so nothing else hanging about. Stereo in, stereo out.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 15/03/2021 at 16:41, Jolltax said:

My tuner works, and its super easy to use!

The app I was using on my mobile phone was not very good and seemed to be unable to tune the E string, this is sooo much quicker and easier, and it was only £12!

Snark.jpg.c9eed2c28b8fabea68252f67cdfd2a38.jpg

The only decent Tuner app for the Phone is the Peterson Stobe Tuner it is as much as your Snark but much more accurate.

• Like 1