Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Complete Ashdown "Dr Green" Pedal Board - £150
£150
Chelmsford

MattW

I listed this a couple of months back but withdrew it as couldn't bring myself to sell, but I've just bought a Barefaced cab and need to refill the bank account, so here it is again!

For sale is my Ashdown "Dr Green" effects housed in a heavy duty metal pedalboard.   I understand these were originally sets taken to shows by Ashdown as demo units, and I bought it from them direct last year. 

Contains:

Tune Up - Tuner,

Doctors Note - Envelope Filter

Aspirin - Compressor

Bearded Lady - Fuzz

Waiting Room - Delay

Bass Verb - Reverb

It would probably originally had an Octodose instead of the delay originally, but I really wanted the delay and verb to combine together as I was going through a bit of a "Steve Lawson" solo bass phase last year (badly) 😂. I initially linked the board to a looper at Home which was great fun.

These are decent effects, nothing ground breaking but a good solid board.  They take some tweaking, sometimes using fairly extreme settings on the dials to get the sound you want, but the sounds are definitely there.  I particularly like the Bearded Lady and the Verb, so much so that I ended up taking it apart and integrating these two into my main board.   However I've scaled that back a bit now and these have now been removed again and the set is all back together.  As tempted as I am to keep it it is really now surplus to requirements now and I need the cash 😬

They are in excellent order, with only the Waiting Room pedal really showing any obvious marks, and the odd scuff on the board itself.

The board is built like a tank, with all a wiring hidden and the pedals held on by the battery compartment screws and the jack nuts (see pics).  All it needs to run is a 9v 500ma supply which are a few quid on Amazon if you don't have one already.  There's no risk of velcro coming off or accidentally knocking out cables with this, I think you could drop it down the stairs and it would still work 😃

Asking for £150 - thats basically £25 per pedal, without even taking into account the board, patch and power cables! Would much prefer collection (socially distanced) but will post at cost.

IMG_20210129_152252199.jpg

IMG_20210129_154307351~2.jpg

IMG_20210129_135838654~2.jpg

IMG_20210129_152330707.jpg

IMG_20210129_150636470.jpg

IMG_20210129_145403304.jpg

IMG_20210129_140849671.jpg

Edited by MattW
  • Like 4

• MB1 locked this topic