Why become a member? ×

Sandberg S1 Six string *SOLD*
£1300
The Netherlands, Europa

will4bass

NOW SELLING FOR €999/£850 

Trades considered

Fantastic classic Sandberg S1 6 string from the days (1993) when Sandberg was making name and fame with
own designs, top materials and masterbuilt instruments that were on par with the most exclusive 
basses in de market. This 28 year old bass has some playing marks and a small crack at the backside 
of the headstock (nothing serious) but most of all tons of tone(s) and versatility that suits practically any style of music. 

Some specs:

Neckthrough construction

Ebony board, maple neck with hardwoord stringers (not sure which wood species)

Mahogany body (not sure), top wood ?

34"

+/- 17,5 mm spacing (adjustable)

4300 grams (kitchenscale)

Bartolini pickups

Original Scitus pre amp with active/passive (pull)switch, and three band eq.

IMG_1501.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, roman_sub said:

Also:

are those Bartolini pickups?

What are the woods - is fretboard Ebony?

what’s the weight?

String spring?

is a hard case included?

Thanks for asking: Bartolini pickups, fretboard ebony, through-neck maple with hard wood stringers, body I think is mahogany. The weight is 4300 on my kitchenscale. Strining spacing is 17,5 but adjustable. I can include a generic solid hard case.

Yes still got it. 

Compared with Sadowsky’s... well... aa much as I am a Sadowsky fan and user.. the build quality, woods used and construction (neck through!) are flawless. The playability is great and the sound is comparable a tiny bit with an average Sadowsky Modern bass but sweeter highs and warmer/fuller on the bass side. I make this comparison since you ask but it is a hard thing to do right. I really like a lot of this S1. I alao have a Fodera Anthony Jackson 6 ‘90 which I love too and prefer since it has 19mm spacing but soundwise, they are different instruments too, the Sandberg S1 is at least as ‘fat’.

Sounds really nice and tight. I went for the Yamaha JP 1 (34", 19mm spacing) signature instead so no longer in the market for a six string.
Still, have a free bump on me Will!

Edited by DiMarco
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic