Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

In fairness, there was an improvement a couple of years ago, when the second-hand basses started to be categorised by number of strings and price range.

There's some small things - like the fact that the "Bass guitars | Amplification | Effects | Accessories" menu line is still shown when you go into any of the categories except "Bass guitars", and it also disappears if you drill down to a manufacturer.

Having a consistent header and menu structure (banner header, the four sales categories, and a dropdown on each of those categories containing what the sidebar does now) means that the page content could be unchanged but the way of getting to it would be improved. I suspect Mark would have to change website generator though, as he's using the final version of iWeb which came out in 2011.

52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Bought a bass for £1400 yesterday at about 6pm

worryingly…only just marked as sold.

good…but is it sold to me?! Who knows.

e-Mails and FB messages not replied to.

Here’s hoping:

they don’t open on Sunday so I suspect Mark is just doing a bit today at home.

Its not like they have live stock update systems like larger shops.

• Thanks 1

The series’s are classic CMS cloning problems. Instead of creating a new page from scratch, he replaces the info i stead. Standard practice but if you’re doing s lot (or it’s late, you’re tired etc.) then errors creep through. 

When I do web projects we do a three stage check process, but that level of scrutiny isn’t cheap. 

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Bought a bass for £1400 yesterday at about 6pm

worryingly…only just marked as sold.

good…but is it sold to me?! Who knows.

e-Mails and FB messages not replied to.

Here’s hoping:

Let me guess, the EBMM Classic Sabre? Man, I was soooo tempted and thought of buying it after having watched this video earlier today:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drax said:

Don’t mind the BD site, possibly just used to it. Definitely way ahead of the ‘other’ main independent, Bass Gallery site - almost no info on any bass. 

A much more reasonable 15% commission at the Bass Gallery.  They're just not as greedy.

8 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Ahh, you mean you shift your stock quicker than they do? 

:ph34r:

I just buy stuff I fancy, and if it doesn’t work out I just move it on.

Dont really get sentimental over gear.

If it’s not going to get used regularly, i move it on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

I just buy stuff I fancy, and if it doesn’t work out I just move it on.

Dont really get sentimental over gear.

If it’s not going to get used regularly, i move it on.

Mate, I know - and I love your philosophy on it as well. My problem is I just don't have the time to do the buying and selling - otherwise I'd be with you. Specially on the cheaper end stuff. 

I was musing earlier that I've only ever had expensive basses or partscasters.. I've got 2 expensives and 2 partscasters at the moment (and one more in build) - I've never bought a bass that's cost under £500... and I really need to do something about that!!!

• Like 1

The site goes doo lally on my phone but okay on my desktop and tablet

All good for me ,bought 2 basses over the years and i  like a look on their site 

Great pics and the odd question i've asked they've replied promptly 

They did knock me back when i asked for a better price on a 2 grand bass which is their call .Sale lost