Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

On 11/03/2021 at 23:50, jazzyvee said:

It's not too far from where I live , may be 1/2 hr drive. I have never had a bad experience there. If I was to say Mark has a fault, then it's the same one as I have, we like to talk, so sometimes when I go there we end up having long chats about the business of bass, gigs etc and that morphs into other stuff. Last year I went there before the official lockdown and we had ended up having a good chat about the impending Covid situation, and I didn't even buy anything. 😂

That was me three weeks ago. I was in the shop talking to Mark, I suddenly realised I’d left my mom sitting outside in the car!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered a cab from Bass Direct early PM yesterday, payment was easy, and I received a very nice email within minutes thanking me for my custom, nice experience. Doorbell just rang and it's the bloody cab, I make that around 18 hours from me first seeing it to their delivering it. Absolutely bloody awesome service, especially given the accounts I'm hearing of other (and bigger) shops making a complete mess of things at the moment. Well done Mark and team, and many thanks. Chris  :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BadHands said:

Still not been to BD, but looking forward to going when I've finished my degree!

I made the ‘mistake’ of going there when I was doing a distance post grad degree at UoB and went to a study weekend - came home with a lovely 40th Anniversary Old Smoothie to celebrate my 40th birthday and results of my first assignment  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiliwailer said:

I made the ‘mistake’ of going there when I was doing a distance post grad degree at UoB and went to a study weekend - came home with a lovely 40th Anniversary Old Smoothie to celebrate my 40th birthday and results of my first assignment  😁

It’s rare that you escape Mark’s clutches with your bank balance intact.

• Like 1

Just bought some Hipshot HB1 tuners from them and spoke with Mark on the phone. Great guy who always seems to have the time to discuss things.

Bought a Nordy MM pickup from them recently as well and very impressed with their service. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another great experience with Bass Direct. I accidentally bought a couple of sets of the wrong strings. I sent them back and BD exchanged them quick as a flash for the correct ones no questions asked, and even ate the cost of posting the 2nd shipment. They’re a really good bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 cab, 3 basses, 2 amps, 4 straps, 2 fretwrap damper thingies, a couple of sets of strings and a partridge in a pear tree....

Not all have been easy or gone perfectly, but Mark has always worked through issues fairly and as quickly as he can. And yeah both Mark and I love to chat, we've spent hours and hours waffling on 😆

Edited by 51m0n
Forgot a bass 😆

• 2 weeks later...