Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

Bought a Hipshot BT12 Extender online Tuesday, arrived yesterday. Cant do much better than that. Competitive price too, I’ve been waiting on places to get these in stock for a while and Bass Direct were much better than anywhere else worldwide that I could find, in stock or not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a recent dealing with them that threatened to go South for various reasons, but Mark dealt with it very professionally,  was fair and prompt with all elements of the transaction. I was impressed and pleased to be supporting this great business that we're so fortunate to have serving the UK bass community.  

Ended up with a great bass too.

• Like 2

Bought a Dingwall D-Roc from BD earlier in the week.  Part of the payment was coming from my employer (30 year service gift!) and Mark was very helpful during somewhat involved email discussion leading up to the sale.  Excellent customer service.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Warned of Trojan on their site, my Browser protection suggest strongly not to proceed to the Bass Direct web pages ???

not had this before as I'm a regular browser on their site. anyone else had this. last two days.

3 hours ago, deepbass5 said:

Warned of Trojan on their site, my Browser protection suggest strongly not to proceed to the Bass Direct web pages ???

not had this before as I'm a regular browser on their site. anyone else had this. last two days.

Norton Internet Security in Chrome both says it's safe, and let me visit unhindered.
Haven't tried other combinations.

But ... Trojan? I guess your browser protection mistakes them for the Greeks. Greece has a slightly better song than the UK this year. 
I think this warning will last only a few more hours. You'll be OK.

Edited by BassTractor

13 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

I guess your browser protection mistakes them for The Greek. The Greek have a slightly better song than the UK this year, so I think this warning will last only a few more hours. You'll be OK.

Me?? Did somebody mention my name??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, deepbass5 said:

Trojan on BD's website? Well, my HitmanPro does not show that. TBH, the only danger coming from BD's website is that it is costly to visit (i.e., spending money on new basses) 😉 

• Haha 4

I have had only good experiences with Bass Direct, which is just over an hour away from me. I try to avoid going there too often as there is only so much will power available!

Very easy to call in for some strings and walk out with a new bass!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

Very easy to call in for some strings and walk out with a new bass!!

That sounds very familiar indeed. Looks like I am not the only one. 🙂

Due to the pandemic, I have not been there since Jan 2020. However, that has not stopped me from buying 5 basses since then "thanks" to their website. Maybe I should stop checking it. Maybe that helps. 

• Haha 2

Glad you guys are not having any issues. I was hoping they would maybe pick up on this post and run a scan just in case. Hope all is well.

I have now amended access through my defenses and can now browse their site again, which is probably more dangerous as some of you have indicated 😊

Edited by deepbass5