Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I haven’t, but I think I’d try Bass Bros if I was trading. I know @molan and others really rate them.

I have to say that I can’t rate Will at Bass Bross highly enough. 

Friendly, responsive, takes great pics of the gear he has for sale, promotes on Reverb with global coverage etc. 

Payment for goods sold often arrives the same day - sometimes within the same hour as something leaving his store!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, molan said:

I have to say that I can’t rate Will at Bass Bross highly enough. 

Friendly, responsive, takes great pics of the gear he has for sale, promotes on Reverb with global coverage etc. 

Payment for goods sold often arrives the same day - sometimes within the same hour as something leaving his store!

+1. Outstanding service and attention to detail. I too can't praise Will's business enough.

• Like 1

To be fair to Bass Direct, building an ecommmerce site with stock management and all the other stuff they need will cost tens of thousand of pounds, and it’s a lot of money to drop when inflation is biting. So they’re not as slick as Thomson or Amazon, but the cash is going to bass players not bald weird billionaires.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jonno1981 said:

New website still coming “in the next few weeks”. If it actually appears, I’ll buy a fodera! 

1 hour ago, Daz39 said:

Darn autocorrect: of course you meant Fedora ;)

Then he could eat his hat!

• Haha 9

On 19/07/2022 at 23:16, Burns-bass said:

To be fair to Bass Direct, building an ecommmerce site with stock management and all the other stuff they need will cost tens of thousand of pounds, and it’s a lot of money to drop when inflation is biting. So they’re not as slick as Thomson or Amazon, but the cash is going to bass players not bald weird billionaires.

It really doesn’t. Building an e-commerce site and setting up stock control within the site is really simple using modern templates and something like Woocommerce. 

Anyone with a basic grasp of Wordpress could do this for a few hundred quid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mart said:

https://www.thebassguitarshop.com
Check the address on the "contact" page.

Cool stuff. Looks like they are now also catering for customers who speak Latin:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.76d1aecb0ef932b41e78bdf2108bcbb6.jpg

It translates to: "The customer is very happy. He will pursue the education of the student, but this will happen at the same time as with some great labour and pain."

Hmm, not exactly sure what that means though 🥴

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Cool stuff. Looks like they are now also catering for customers who speak Latin:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.76d1aecb0ef932b41e78bdf2108bcbb6.jpg

It translates to: "The customer is very happy. He will pursue the education of the student, but this will happen at the same time as with some great labour and pain."

Hmm, not exactly sure what that means though 🥴

It’s industry standard space filler to mark a section as created but not filled with the actual required text.

• Like 2

I dropped into bass direct Saturday just gone. 
The vibe I got with the answers I got was that they just wanted me out of there so they could go back to whatever they were doing or maybe just close early (13:30)
I needed a couple of sets of flats and some other bits and pieces but I took my business elsewhere and tbh won’t be going back it’s not the first time they couldn’t be bothered. 
Last time they lost £1500 as they ignored my requests to set me up with an amp for a bass after asking twice, just sauntered back to the office and left me to it. 
To be clear I didn’t see Mark there either time. 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, if you use Photoshop, In Design etc and you need to fill a text box with text then 'Lorem ipsum' is the default text that gets inserted until replaced by your real text.  

Edited by zbd1960
  • Like 1

Bought a GoldTone micro bass last month and a hipshot d tuner last week from BD. Both experiences were good. When I was being a bit dim over the invoice, Mark called me straight away and sorted it in a very pleasant and professional way. The hipshot was cheaper than the 2nd hand market and arrived pronto. I’ve not had a bad experience yet, but I’ll keep buying stuff until I do. In the interest of research of course..

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Bought a GoldTone micro bass last month and a hipshot d tuner last week from BD. Both experiences were good. When I was being a bit dim over the invoice, Mark called me straight away and sorted it in a very pleasant and professional way. The hipshot was cheaper than the 2nd hand market and arrived pronto. I’ve not had a bad experience yet, but I’ll keep buying stuff until I do. In the interest of research of course..

Not all heroes wear capes John, although I'd imagine you did for a while when you went through your Prog phase 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...