Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

On 11/03/2021 at 19:49, mattbass6 said:

It seems it’s time to throw out a huge shout out to Mark, Ash, and Will, at Bass Direct. They’ve been looking after me so well (as always) over the past 2 weeks, and I just wanted to thank them SO much for their A1 service, their care, their time and especially their friendship. These guys ROCK!!

I’ve been going to BD for over 10 years now, for everything bass related. I felt it was time that I shared my experience, and especially like so many companies, working under very difficult circumstances. They never get flustered, always listen, talk, understand, and help. Efficient, friendly, and caring.

I know it sounds like a “love in”, but I just wanted to share something positive in this weir, and dark time. They deserve much recognition in my humble opinion.

Anyway, pictures of my 2 new Spector purchases, soon. Stay safe. Cheers ☺️

They're just great. I bought one of my USA MTD's I saw on their website. They where so helpful and kind. Everything went perfect, even though they had to send it to Barcelona. Great professionals. Totally reliable. 

Edited by charlie_groove
  • Like 2

Just back from BD where I picked up my new bass (look for NBD later today). I pxed three basses to do this (story will be in NBD). Mark overall offered very close to market price making it a very positive trade. Not only that but there were three other guys in there and we pretty much had drinks party without the drinks. Mark; the three guys and me just chewing the cud talking bass and stuff. If I did not have to leave promptly  I would probably still be there chatting now.

Another great experience and morning; not just for picking up a new bass. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Just back from BD where I picked up my new bass (look for NBD later today). I pxed three basses to do this (story will be in NBD). Mark overall offered very close to market price making it a very positive trade. Not only that but there were three other guys in there and we pretty much had drinks party without the drinks. Mark; the three guys and me just chewing the cud talking bass and stuff. If I did not have to leave promptly  I would probably still be there chatting now.

Another great experience and morning; not just for picking up a new bass. 

Sounds cool. Looking forward to your NBD story 👍

Very poor customer service from Bassdirect today, Last night I bought  Fender Mark Hoppus for £499 + £10 shipping by PP  this morning About 9am I received a refund which I knew I might because multiple people might buy before it’s took down on the site, but no covering email at all and the bass is back up for sale at £750. 

A bit of common courtesy for a long standing customer would have been in order.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Geddys nose said:

Very poor customer service from Bassdirect today, Last night I bought  Fender Mark Hoppus for £499 + £10 shipping by PP  this morning About 9am I received a refund which I knew I might because multiple people might buy before it’s took down on the site, but no covering email at all and the bass is back up for sale at £750. 

That's more than a little sh!tty to say the least, they should've honored the sale despite the fact they obviously thought "oops we've priced that too low" or whatever..

Sounds like they're a place you're best going to in person rather than taking a risky punt buying online.

Obviously this is only viable if you live within reasonable distance.

1 hour ago, Geddys nose said:

I thought that one looked a bit cheap.

He realised his mistake at the last minute, apparently.

He really should have emailed you to explain the situation.

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2021 at 11:35, Geddys nose said:

I've heard very similar stories from a few people who know in real life and on this very forum 

• 4 weeks later...

I drove about 40 miles to their shop once as I had seen a couple of left handed basses advertised on their web site that I was interested in, when I got there I couldn’t find any left handed basses at all and when I asked I was told that they don’t keep the left handed basses at the shop and if I want to see any I would have to give them prior notice so they could get them there.

It’s a relatively small place and I can appreciate display space is a bit limited, but they only ever have a very small number of lefties. I was a bit disappointed but ended up buying some strings and a couple of other accessories. 

• Sad 1

Bit of a shame.

To be fair when i drove down from Glasgow i did call first and told Mark i was looking for 5 stringer and my approx budget and he had a variety of them ready to try but i was travelling circa 250miles each way.

There was that many basses in the shop i assumed that was them all. 

Dave

3 minutes ago, bartelby said:

It's a little bit out of date looking, but it works fine for me on Safari

It does on my phone, but desktop it loads the first part of the page then seizes. So the 'New Arrivals' age shows a few Spectors, then I scroll down and it's all white, then it freezes. Mind you this Mac is pretty ancient and it's not it's only problem!