Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

6 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I had an issue with another very similar MM Sub from them, lovely pics, described as 9/10 condition, but in the event some nasty digs out of the back of the neck, that someone's crudely tried to sand out, was covered in another thread a while back so enough said.

This is similar to an experience I had. Not enough to completely put me off, but it has made me cautious. I'll make a trip next time I'm really interested in a bass. I think the underlying issue in my case was that it was probably a commission sale that hadn't been very carefully checked over.  Couldn't fault the speed of service. 

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Nothing to do with grub screws,  comedians  :)    I wouldnt buy a bag of elastic bands off him either, if that helps

An expensive vintage bass i  took to him for a commission sale , simply disappeared. I wont go through the catalogue of lies i got told, as I already did this back in that thread.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I hope it ended as well as it could for you, given the circumstances. 

26 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Nothing to do with grub screws,  comedians  :)    I wouldnt buy a bag of elastic bands off him either, if that helps

An expensive vintage bass i  took to him for a commission sale , simply disappeared. I wont go through the catalogue of lies i got told, as I already did this back in that thread.

I either didn't read or have forgotten that thread, but it does sound serious.

40 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Oh dear. This sounds terrible indeed. I would be mega peed off too. 

46 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I feel partly responsible having driven you there to start that experience!

No way hose B

It was quite a fun trip with Wolverine bloke.  Apart from the nature of the trip, the  journey was funny as hell  :)

• Like 1

I think Hipshot make Foderas bridges. Hipshot have the BEST customer service.

As an example, I asked them about range of adjustment on one of their bridges for a bass I was building. They sent me every available option of spring and saddle adjustment screw foc for all saddle slots to make sure the intonation would be spot on. Brilliant stuff.

• Thanks 1

One minor frustration, I have sold 5 basses through Bass Direct over the last couple of months, all sold for what I wanted back for them and all sold really quickly, my frustration is on how you get paid, I have had to chase on every bass to confirm I had been paid for them, I am still waiting for confirmation that the money for the final one sold has been paid in to my account!

There doesn't seem to be any process to let a seller know they have been paid for the bass sold by Bass Direct on their behalf!

I have brought loads from Bass Direct in the past and have always found them a pleasure to deal with, this was my first ever experience of selling on a commission basis and again I was impressed and generally happy with the process all I needed was a text or email to confirm that payment had been made! 

Just checked with my bank who have confirmed that it has been paid!

Edited by Roger2611
Updated information!

32 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

I have had to chase on every bass to confirm I had been paid for them, I am still waiting for confirmation that the money for the final one sold has been paid in to my account!

This may not be a problem with Bass Direct, unless usual delay not communicated. Other shops I have sold through have made it clear that they have legal obligations to the buyer including a cooling off period maybe a week just in case they return it with an issue, then money clearance etc. So even if you see it on their site as sold you may expect a two week wait a least for them to then send you the money. Does this sound like your experience.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, deepbass5 said:

This may not be a problem with Bass Direct, unless usual delay not communicated. Other shops I have sold through have made it clear that they have legal obligations to the buyer including a cooling off period maybe a week just in case they return it with an issue, then money clearance etc. So even if you see it on their site as sold you may expect a two week wait a least for them to then send you the money. Does this sound like your experience.

That doesn’t excuse the poor communication. How long does it take to ping an e-mail to the commission seller saying ‘your bass has sold, but we are legally obliged to hold payment to you pending the prescribed cooling off period’. No time at all it seems.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, High Voltage said:

Whilst in general I find the service at Bass Direct to be absolutely fine, I do have to agree with what @Roger2611 has written. This is the one area they could really improve on. I have sold a lot of gear through them and the process has been seamless but getting the money has been a nightmare. Poor communication and lots of chasing up.

BD sold several of my basses (11 at the moment) and I never had any problems with getting my payment as I always immediately invested the money into new basses bought from them 😉