Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

It seems it’s time to throw out a huge shout out to Mark, Ash, and Will, at Bass Direct. They’ve been looking after me so well (as always) over the past 2 weeks, and I just wanted to thank them SO much for their A1 service, their care, their time and especially their friendship. These guys ROCK!!

I’ve been going to BD for over 10 years now, for everything bass related. I felt it was time that I shared my experience, and especially like so many companies, working under very difficult circumstances. They never get flustered, always listen, talk, understand, and help. Efficient, friendly, and caring.

I know it sounds like a “love in”, but I just wanted to share something positive in this weir, and dark time. They deserve much recognition in my humble opinion.

Anyway, pictures of my 2 new Spector purchases, soon. Stay safe. Cheers ☺️

Edited by mattbass6
Spelling
  • Like 17

Agreed.

Unsurpassed stock and always keen to help.

Bought a Genz Benz Streamliner head and 2x12" cab from Mark several years ago, purchased a few bits over the years via website and I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Dingwall D-roc Standard 5 string ( hopefully this month ).

A shop I'm always keen to buy from.

• Like 2

Just now, TheGreek said:

Every contact I've had with BD has been positive. I've sent Mark emails late in the evening and he has responded - even though the shop is shut!!!

I think we're lucky to have them as a resource as well as a commercial outlet...

We are, totally agree ☺️

16 minutes ago, daz70 said:

Agreed.

Unsurpassed stock and always keen to help.

Bought a Genz Benz Streamliner head and 2x12" cab from Mark several years ago, purchased a few bits over the years via website and I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Dingwall D-roc Standard 5 string ( hopefully this month ).

A shop I'm always keen to buy from.

Me too. Totally trustworthy. The best ☺️

It's not too far from where I live , may be 1/2 hr drive. I have never had a bad experience there. If I was to say Mark has a fault, then it's the same one as I have, we like to talk, so sometimes when I go there we end up having long chats about the business of bass, gigs etc and that morphs into other stuff. Last year I went there before the official lockdown and we had ended up having a good chat about the impending Covid situation, and I didn't even buy anything. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, Mark is a cool dude. I have bought almost all my Spector basses there (and some others as well ; -)  I have already bought three basses from him this year and it is still March 🤪

BTW, did you know that Mark played a role in the design of the Darkglass Tone Capsule? Sheldon is sharing the story in this video (09:20 onwards). Cool stuff

• Like 3

Another shou' ou' for Bass Direct. I finally heard earlier this week that my local dealer wouldn't be able to get hold of the Eden WTP600 I ordered the day before lockdown last year - great timing there lassie - so I morosely headed over to BD's website to ogle the eye candy....

...and found they had a nearly new WTP600 for sale...

...which is arriving Monday.

Yay!

• Like 5

No complaints here and i've bought a shed load of gear from them, i always enquire about stock availability first and that includes over the weekend to which i've always had a reply. Only been once to BD with a taxi waiting outside with the meter running tho so in an oot in minutes.

• Like 1

I’ve only had a couple of onboard preamps and some strings off BD and the ability to email and discuss which ones would suit the bass best tonally with someone who knows what they are talking about is fantastic. Their delivery times are so speedy as well. 

• Like 1