Why become a member? ×

Pick Choice

Guest BassAdder27

Following my recent thread fingers or pick I have been trying some 1mm JD Big Stubby and I like them

Ive ordered some Dava Control too 

I’ve played guitar with picks for years settling on JD Tortex Standard 1mm 

Whats you favourite pick / gauge and why 

I’ve recently changed a bit, from Dunlop Tortex Triangle 1mm to Dunlop Ultex Triangle 0.88mm. I find they’re easier to play with and I have more control over the dynamics, essentially I enjoy playing with these picks more.

My go too for years now is Jim Dunlop GATOR GRIP 2mm, good to hold, don't slip that easily, the thickness gives plenty of attack but at the same time doesn't have the 'click' that thinner pick have

Blurb from them is spot on ... superior playing control and a dark, beefy sound. A matte surface allows for a tight, nonslip grip, and a molded, beveled edge provides for a smooth attack and a soft release so you can play with unimpeded intensity and dexterity.

dunlop-417r20-gator-grip-black-20mm-72bag.jpg.e96109a9a4eafd635f94fb4a14a4d997.jpg

• 7 months later...

im not picky to be honest, pun was not intended, but i seem to have  a fair few yellow tortexes, and i think i like them but anything will do for me to be honest as long as its not like .5mm or not the normal 351 kinda shape

• Like 1