Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD GO Wireless !!

Adee

The POD GO .... goes WIRELESS with built-in Relay receiver and G10TII wireless ! very neat, not sure on the actual price point at the moment, best guess it will retail at about £500-550

Edited by Adee

35 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

This makes a lot sense, integrating Line 6's portfolio of technologies into single "standalone " pedal. The Pod Go has been on my radar since it was launched and the integration of wireless is very appealing to me. 

Same, however I have basically built my version with HX Stomp / G70 Wireless / CS6 / Footswitch / Tuner on a Nano+

Tempting for the simplicity and maybe reliability, but probably not worth changing for the sake of it, let's see the price

• Like 1

I've been saying for years that manufacturers of digital wireless systems including Line6 have been missing a trick by not including a digital output on their receiver units. This goes part of the way to addressing the problem. Hopefully the wireless input will start appearing on their other multi-effects units. 

I'd certainly consider upgrading my Helix for one with a wireless input.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I've been saying for years that manufacturers of digital wireless systems including Line6 have been missing a trick by not including a digital output on their receiver units. This goes part of the way to addressing the problem. Hopefully the wireless input will start appearing on their other multi-effects units. 

I'd certainly consider upgrading my Helix for one with a wireless input.

Is it staying in the digital domain though? Or is the signal chain going through a DAC before being dropped into the point from the analogue guitar in socket to go through another DAC?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Is it staying in the digital domain though? Or is the signal chain going through a DAC before being dropped into the point from the analogue guitar in socket to go through another DAC?

I would hope so. I really can't see the point otherwise.

Good question about whether DAC involved.

Seems to be using the Line 6 Relay G10T which is "fully compatible with Yamaha THR-II bluetooth amps".

If they are going down a bluetooth route won't that immediately introduce additional latency?

20 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Good question about whether DAC involved.

Seems to be using the Line 6 Relay G10T which is "fully compatible with Yamaha THR-II bluetooth amps".

If they are going down a bluetooth route won't that immediately introduce additional latency?

AFAICS the Bluetooth feature on these amps is for playback of an external audio source for the musician to play along with. Therefore the latency from the Bluetooth connection won't be an issue.

• Thanks 1