Why become a member? ×

Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard- SOLD
£135
MORECAMBE

lee650

Needing other stuff, so i present a rare opportunity to own a fantastic Prunes and Custard. It's a highly Dynamic synthy fuzz/Distortion.

It features a two-stage fuzz and wave-shaping distortion circuit. First there's the a preamp stage, the gain of which is adjusted with the Drive control. The preamp stage is followed by a special waveshaping distortion circuit. Together they give you what Crowther Audio like to call a 'harmonic generator-intermodulator'.

Essentially higher harmonics are progressively introduced with increased Drive settings and signal level, so a decaying bass guitar note can sound like a filter sweep.  Some strong intermodulation effects, rather like those out of a ring modulator, start coming out. But in a more musical and distorted way!

-Level: controls the overall output volume

The Mix control is a balance between the preamp stage output, (CCW) and the special distortion stage output (CW). For bass guitar, the Mix control would usually be set at around 10 to 12 o’clock. For guitar, a high Mix setting, along with reduced Drive can give some rather pleasant overdrive effects. Where the Drive and Mix controls are set are set to higher settings, the sound can become all harmonics, with very little fundamental signal, and in some situations may sound a bit thin, especially for bass guitar, but setting the Lo Freq.contour switch to the right takes some low frequency from the Preamp side of the Mixcontrol and mixes it back with the special distortion side. 

-Drive: adjusts the gain of the preamp stage. Of course with sufficient input/drive, the preamp stage can be overdriven.

This is a highly unique effect and great for synthy tones (I think the guy from Muse used one,but I could be wrong) Ive had great results running an octave in parallel with this, no extra envelope Filter needed. Anyway I hope this answers any questions, it is in good condition,but it has been used,so there is a bit wear on the graphics.

SOLD

Justin and Juan  give this a review

received_3773338609428610.jpeg

received_253717413027446.jpeg

received_956072471594225.jpeg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, lee650 said:

I've noticed there s a missing screw on the bottom (must be been missing when I bought it) thus will be replaced, prior to sale 😁

From what I've noted over the past few years, there's definitely been a screw loose issue with you and that millionaire stuntman you hang out with 😁

• Haha 1

• ped locked this topic