Why become a member? ×

NBD - Ibanez EHB Short Multi Scale Headless

Marvin_

2 minutes ago, Marvin_ said:

I was thinking of actually recording a proper demo, but thankfully someone who can actually play has beaten me to it - well done fretmeister, sounds great.

Thank you!

I did wonder if the regular gauges of those flats would be too floppy at the shorter scale, and it's not like Ti Flats have other gauge options!

I'm pleased to report they feel fine. A little less tension but not as much of a drop as I expected. If a player likes Ti flats then I think they'll still like them on this bass.

I do play quite gently mind you.

25 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Thank you!

I did wonder if the regular gauges of those flats would be too floppy at the shorter scale, and it's not like Ti Flats have other gauge options!

I'm pleased to report they feel fine. A little less tension but not as much of a drop as I expected. If a player likes Ti flats then I think they'll still like them on this bass.

I do play quite gently mind you.

I popped some old old TI's cut for a 34" bass on my short scale 4 (30.5") and they felt great! I replaced them with new short scale ones, and they're basically the same string, just wound for a shorter scale, same tension, same feel, same sound. Thank you for uploading a recording with a low B though, as I'm now happy to go buy a new 6er set to try on my 31.5" basses!
Sounded lovely by the way too.

Eude

• Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 20:37, visog said:

Best video I've seen on this bass...

Based on this, I reckon I quite like the sound of this with the stock pickups!

Any word on whether these will fit into a guitar case…? Wondering whether this could be a delightful travel bass.

11 hours ago, CameronJ said:

My potential master plan: I intend on buying a Strat and learning some skinny string (heresy I know…) but if I could get the SMS short scale and a Strat in a mono double or similar dual guitar case it could be delightful!

The thing is tiny and will likely fit any guitar bag you can find. Short scale goes a long way, but the absence of headstock really takes a good 20cm off the total length. Someone on talkbass has used mono vertigo with the standard scale ehb so you certainly are good to go with the short scale 👍

Edited by supertzar
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, supertzar said:

The thing is tiny and will likely fit any guitar bag you can find. Short scale goes a long way, but the absence of headstock really takes a good 20cm off the total length. Someone on talkbass has used mono vertigo with the standard scale ehb so you certainly are good to go with the short scale 👍

Amazing - thanks for that info!