Why become a member? ×

Wal Mk1 1987 Shedua - sold -
£5730
EU

iMilanek

Unfortunately I have to sell it … This is a dream bass!

Wal Mk1 Bass from 1987 in ’like new condition’ (for its age), with a wonderfully shimmering Shedua Facing.
Nothing is nasty rubbed off or scuffed, no major dings or dongs - please see photos. The only thing that could be criticized is a little bit of pot scratching.
It doesn’t get any better!
Weight: unbelievable 4.1 kg with the strap!
OHSC: yes

Unfortunately, this time only sales, I need the money… unless someone offers me a Fodera Singlecut 4/5 1: 1, then I could possibly be tempted.

Shipping is not a problem and is included in the price.

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5588.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5591.JPG

Edited by iMilanek
  • Like 23

28 minutes ago, Urban Bassman said:

I wish I still.had mine and I wish I had the funds for this one....oh well.😔

I wish I still had mine too so that I could sell them again but for a lot more than I got last time!  Me and Wals don't get on.  That said, definitely a dream bass for many, and a dream that is getting harder and harder to realise.  This looks like a lovely example and in great condition for its age. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, three said:

I wish I still had mine too so that I could sell them again but for a lot more than I got last time!  Me and Wals don't get on.  That said, definitely a dream bass for many, and a dream that is getting harder and harder to realise.  This looks like a lovely example and in great condition for its age. 

Yes the Same, i Sold two wal's 5 years ago Nice Basses but Not my Style  .

Good luck Milan and greatings from Germany

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Damn. Hmm. Off to speak to the boss.

Tell the boss it's in investment.  Though the 20% you'd have to send to HMRC cuts into that somewhat. " Long term investment" then.

Consensus on the Wal Facebook page is that £6876 is reasonable as you dodge the three year wait for a new one. ( my custom fretless was £860 from the local shop.. they were not so fashionable then)

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

What’s the nut width on this please 

It'll have the nut width that Wals have. 42mm.  13mm string spacing at the nut and 18mm at the bridge .. to save you asking.

Once you play it, you won't care 😁

• Thanks 2

On 07/03/2021 at 21:48, AndyTravis said:

Damn. Hmm. Off to speak to the boss.

lovely place the Czech Republic - would the boss like to go on holiday there?  (how you then smuggle it over the channel I don't know.) 

Just now, iMilanek said:

Yes, it´s definitely a lovely place and I absolutely recommend a holiday here, please have a look:

Download.jpeg.dec624dbb3da2ccb9591e9c5efcdcab7.jpegJested-tower-Czechia.thumb.jpg.edfc4f18be293fbed2a225dea60f2b3b.jpgunnamed.jpg.350211f22e77393690a4e874da52b357.jpgcsm_pirna-tschechien-boehmen-schneekoppe-riesengebirge-ausflug-Seaq68_1b160760fd.jpg.a56ba06f6e5f1a2edf28d07a1ee6204a.jpg

Utterly OT
We went a few years back rented a car and drove around wine country south of Brno near Lednice, then over the border to visit a friend in Wien, then up into woods and beer country near Český Krumlov - lovely place...finished off by visiting Prague. need to visit your part sometime. For any visiting brits my advice would be to get away from Prague, it's nice but way too busy and expensive. 

• Like 1

I am not at liberty to reveal the selling price of the flightcased lined fretless Wal I once owned and sold on in the loot paper many moons ago as....

E2591816-4FA2-4B37-BC7C-3AE03B9D8B1D.jpegAbsolutely wicked looking wal

GLWTS!

BUMP!

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

• ped locked this topic