Why become a member? ×

Thomann gagged?

WPW

I recently tried to find notation or tab for the bassline of Slide Eazy by Bootsy Collins. I only got two hits from Google on YouTube. One is by a guy who seemed to have it nailed down, the other is from very talented young woman representing a major musical retailer and distributor, but from her demo has both the wrong positioning and notation. For the record, both vids have the name wrong! (It’s “SLIDE EAZY” (not Easy Slide or Slide Easy!!!)

I left a comment for the latter, which was constructive, polite, respectful and appreciative. It was removed straightaway. However, given my observation was solely about bass playing alone, I was saddened to see comments allowed to be left included; ‘the expression on the bass player's face’, or, the fact she’s wearing silver spangled leggings etc., etc!

Has anyone else found themselves censored online?

17 minutes ago, WPW said:

I recently tried to find notation or tab for the bassline of Slide Eazy by Bootsy Collins. I only got two hits from Google on YouTube. One is by a guy who seemed to have it nailed down, the other is from very talented young woman representing a major musical retailer and distributor, but from her demo has both the wrong positioning and notation. For the record, both vids have the name wrong! (It’s “SLIDE EAZY” (not Easy Slide or Slide Easy!!!)

I left a comment for the latter, which was constructive, polite, respectful and appreciative. It was removed straightaway. However, given my observation was solely about bass playing alone, I was saddened to see comments allowed to be left included; ‘the expression on the bass player's face’, or, the fact she’s wearing silver spangled leggings etc., etc!

Has anyone else found themselves censored online?

Not majorly ( I don't count on Basschat) but it's on my bucket list. Can you make some suggestions for me please?

I usually watch vids when I see that particular "talented young woman", not just ones from the retailer I'll add, I like seeing bass players who are into their groove and the act of playing which she is, hence the expression on her face I imagine.

Having read the comments after watching said vids I can see why that retailer might want to go scrub chat, there's a lot of instant hate and thirst for her which is sad.
Not saying your comment was worthy of scrubbing, just that I can see why they might rubber stamp a bunch of deletes for her vids specifically.

As for being censored online, yeah it happens and that's what alt accounts are for. I'd much rather "stinky poo post" freely in my own name as I'm a disagreeable type and would shrug off any heat but the tech overlords and algorithms aren't into free speech.

edit: just got censored posting this, I do not use language like "stinky poo post", my phrase was more colourful. Algorithmic filtering strikes again but I'm on their platform.

Edited by Saul Panzer
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Saul Panzer said:

I usually watch vids when I see that particular "talented young woman", not just ones from the retailer I'll add, I like seeing bass players who are into their groove and the act of playing which she is, hence the expression on her face I imagine.

Having read the comments after watching said vids I can see why that retailer might want to go scrub chat, there's a lot of instant hate and thirst for her which is sad.
Not saying your comment was worthy of scrubbing, just that I can see why they might rubber stamp a bunch of deletes for her vids specifically.

As for being censored online, yeah it happens and that's what alt accounts are for. I'd much rather "stinky poo post" freely in my own name as I'm a disagreeable type and would shrug off any heat but the tech overlords and algorithms aren't into free speech.

edit: just got censored posting this, I do not use language like "stinky poo post", my phrase was more colourful. Algorithmic filtering strikes again but I'm on their platform.

You pink torpedoed that one right up. 

• Haha 2

I sometimes remove people's posts on my youtube because.....guess what? Yep, it's MY channel....

If you post something rude, dismissive or just downright wrong because you haven't bothered to read my description under the video then 'see ya'....!

I don't really think of it as censoring though. More 'removing disinformation'.... ;)

• Like 3

What if a comment is polite,  utterly undismissive or just downright right because you have bothered to read the description under the video!

I really think of it as censoring though. Not 'removing disinformation'.... ;)

15 hours ago, WPW said:

What if a comment is polite,  utterly undismissive or just downright right because you have bothered to read the description under the video!

I really think of it as censoring though. Not 'removing disinformation'.... ;)

Well just hurry up and upload your version of it and you won’t have to go commenting on other peoples interpretations will you 😊

Si

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 20:41, WPW said:

, but from her demo has both the wrong positioning and notation. 

Not sure what you mean, do you mean she plays it on a different part of the neck to bootsy , I thought the vid wasn't really a proper accurate transcription vid but an overview of bootsys approach and thought it put that across well

Edited by spencer.b

2 hours ago, spencer.b said:

Not sure what you mean, do you mean she plays it on a different part of the neck to bootsy , I thought the vid wasn't really a proper accurate transcription vid but an overview of bootsys approach and thought it put that across well

Exactly, I bet Bootsy doesn’t even play it ‘correct’ live. Good on them both!

Si