sunfish

Fender Japan FSR 62 Walnut Jazz bass £850
£875
Malvern, Worcs

Posted (edited)

Here is my lovely Fender Japan FSR 62 Walnut Jazz bass. £850

This is a stunning bass to play. Very punchy sound, with more kick than my USA jazz.

The neck is a slim “C” shape with a rosewood fingerboard and exceptionally smooth and easy to play.

Weight is 8.9lbs

My drummer will be upset this is up for sale as the walnut finish matches his favourite snare drum!

The walnut finish is lovely and very tricky to photograph. The machine heads and bridge are a smokey black which matches the walnut finish superbly.

There is a small ding on the back of the headstock which is difficult to show. 

it's difficult let go of this one go.

Can meet up half way, within reason - not sure if we're allowed yet. Otherwise I will post it in the UK for £60 insured.

Walnut .jpg

Walnut body front.jpg

Walnut body back.jpg

Walnut head.jpg

Walnut head back.jpg

Walnut ding.jpg

Walnut serial number.jpg

Edited by sunfish
price reduction plus add insured postage costs
  • Like 17

That is rather lovely but out of my price range at the moment. GLWTS

That is so nice. Never seen one like it. Already have a Jazz but GLWTS

Dave

Thanks guys. Looking at my own pictures makes me have second thoughts about selling. But I have 3 other Jazz basses - an Elite, USA maple fretboard and USA rosewood. As well as 6 other basses. So something had to give....😱

On 06/03/2021 at 12:53, sunfish said:

The walnut finish is lovely and very tricky to photograph. The machine heads and bridge are a smokey black which matches the walnut finish superbly.

Looks lovely but is it "Walnut finish" or "Walnut"? - looks a lot like Ash...

Oh my Christ, that is stunning. Credit card would hate me though 😅 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 3Gorillas
      I consider to sell one of my most epic basses: A true "golden age" Fodera in perfect condition. 
      Fodera Imperial 6 Elite
      - 34"
      - Walnut body
      - Quilted Maple Presentation grade top (solid)
      - wooden pickup covers (I guess Duncan Dual coils, but not 100% sure)
      - 5 piece neck
      - golden hardware
      - 3-band-pope preamp
      - 19mm Fodera Standard Spacing (adjustable from 18-20 mm, quite narrow setup at the moment, close to 18)
      - "as new condition". Please see pictures for little marks (half a fingernail at the bottom side), thats all I found after careful inspection
      - date of birth: 1/2006
      - Serial #I625XXN
      - OHSC + Tools
      - 5.5 kg (bathroom scale) - the butterflies are never light, but deliver massive sound…

Ridiculous low setup with massive low end, huuuuuge B-String and lots of clearity and authority in the upper register for chordal playing and soloing. Plays like a dream, very versatile.
      The bass got new frets (stainless) and plek-treatment at the official and authorized Fodera service point Thomann (all original material and settings) a few years ago.

No trades please, looking for a straight sale.
      6800 GBP / 7850 Euro (+ shipping)
      The Bass is located near Bonn / Germany.
      Not sure about any additional cost when shipping to UK. This would be on the buyer's end as well.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

• By Marc S
      I'm going to regret this, but I need to thin the herd, and create some space. I'm going to put a couple more basses up for sale shortly, if they sell, I may withdraw this one.
      This is one of the early runs of the model, and having played a recent one, I can confirm the early ones are the best. All original, apart from an added grounding strip (easily removed).
      This bass sounds and plays superb. At just under 4kg it's light for a jazz. NO TRADES - I'm thinning the herd (unless you have a 5 string Wingbass, or Fingy, or similar).
      I'd much prefer collection or meet-up. We can't do that just yet (unless you're also in Wales) - so I'm just putting this up to see who's interested... Hopefully we can arrange the sale for a couple of weeks time.
      I'd prefer not to post, unless buyer arranges their own courier.

• By dave84
      Here you will find a complete sound test of the Fender Precision American Performer for those who want to hear all the nuances of the passive American Precision PJ .. I hope it will be useful especially to those who were considering the purchase of this bass! 😉 https://youtu.be/eNECPg6ztdg
    • By waveydavy
      For sale Sire V5 5 string. Bought new last autumn, little use still has film on pickups and scratchplate.
      Passive, sunburst finish. Roasted maple neck, rolled edges.
      Weighs 4.4  Kg according to my suitcase scale (A little more than andertons declared it weighed when I bought it)
      Should be able to source a reasonably priced used hiscox case if courier delivery required
      Better photos ASAP