Why become a member? ×

Hi Everyone!

BassLard

New guy to the forum, so let this be my presentation card.

I´m 35. Got into learning music a bit more seriously more than 2 decades ago when I started out as a drummer (I was 15 or so). Soon after took up guitar as well and had quite a few bands along the way. (Some of them as drummer, some of them as guitarist).

Nevertheless in some part of the musical journey with the years I had interest in learning to play more instruments as well (Keyboards, Harp, Percussion, etc) so among them I got my first bass in 2012, a used red Jazz Bass I bought from a co-worker who is still with me to this day.

Since I took up the instrument being a bit older with less time for practice compared to my teen days, I never been extremely consistent at practice and getting better, but I´m still trying whenever I can. Recently I found a good way to motivate myself to keep playing is to record myself sometimes and upload some stuff to a YouTube channel I already had, and for some reason along all the types of musical videos I have there the ones related to bass seem to be the ones to gain more interest from people I don´t know in real life (I guess most of those viewers are bassists too). That made me realize that the online bass comunities seem to be (in most of the cases) more chill places than other micro-musical environments over the Web.

So, going with that kind of unexpected good vibes flow from the bassists I found so far on the Internet I landed here searching for another space to share experiences, videos, talks about technique and practice, general music, etc. You probably won´t expect me to be that much around "gear geek" talks though, but who knows?

See you around.

• Like 1

Welcome BL. I think you landed in a great spot - and for all the right reasons 🙂

I've just been enjoying your "Cissy Strut" bass cover. I think I need to have a go at that.

Edited by jazzburger
Had a peek at YouTube
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, jazzburger said:

🙂

I've just been enjoying your "Cissy Strut" bass cover. I think I need to have a go at that.

Thank you very much! Well, in that video you have a Backing Track you can use in case you want to try.

Greetings!

• Like 1