Why become a member? ×

Another No Name (?) Old Bass

sarakisof

If you’re looking for a project I suppose €20 isn’t bad, it looks pretty corroded near the nut so I would make sure the truss rod works Sarakisof  or you won’t be able to adjust it and you might have trouble getting another neck to fit if it doesn’t 🙂

• Like 1

Wish i could. Seller is far away from my area and will ship it. Asks another 20-30 for packaging and shipping so will cost me about 50€. I'm skeptical because the value of the bass alone is less than shipping 🤣 , the fact that i dont like fretless so much and that i see something wrong about bridge / string / neck position there. Those bridge string holes from the back don't look to be in-line.

• Like 3

That's kinda cool, I'd pay €20 for it!

Going by stuff like the tuners & neckplate it's Korean rather than MIJ. Really interesting/cool pickups and looks like the defret hasn't been too much of a hack job, as far as I can tell. But no, don't remember seeing one the same before (and I'd probably remember!) and I couldn't say who made it & when, beyond maybe Samick or Cort & probably mid/late 70s.

Would like to see this pulled apart & cleaned up - I doubt all those switches & pots are original, but you never know. Anyway - buy it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sarakisof said:

@Bassassin Did MIJ or MIK basses used string thru bridges back then?

Not usually - I have an early 80s Washburn which does, but it's not really the same sort of thing. Looking at this, hard to be sure but I think it's a mod - the bridge is poorly aligned & the string spacing's a bit too narrow for the neck, so it looks replaced. The ferrules are all over the place too.

• Like 1