Why become a member? ×

Single Cut Fretless 5

Chopthebass

I decided I wanted a good looking single cut bass. So many designs out there look like sperm wales, so here my design. 

Front and back has a bookmatched flamy/spalted maple cap with a lovely reddish tinge, Core is Alder. Neck will be flame maple/wenge laminate with an ebony fingerboard.

ETS hardware and Hipshote Ultralite tuners. Preamp is a Noll 3-band 3-parametric EQ running 18v, Pickup is a Delano Xtender Dual coil.

IMG_6120.JPG

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6345.JPG

IMG_6346.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_6349.JPG

• Like 9

4 hours ago, PlungerModerno said:

Some exquisite timber there, should be wonderful!

I'm reminded of those "Human Base" fretlesses they come with the Delano oval, but neck through construction and a more angular headstock. Your headstock is a little more Ritter (in a good way, I know they are a little marmitey).

Thanks! I find it’s hard to be totally unique with headstock. Although unintentional. I do see the Ritter resemblance! 

3 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Looks great.  Very similar to my Franz Sirius ❤️

13340870_660816214070441_1697833843_o

Great bass! I think it’s hard to not be similar to other basses out there. But I agree, with the Delano, ebony and similar color wood, it does look similar to the Franz! Mine is better as it has 7 knobs!!

• Haha 1