Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Super Double Pickups, Bartolini preamp and grounding

Silky999

I am going to be wiring these to a Bartolini 5.2ap 918 preamp. I have looked at the wiring diagrams for both and have some questions if anyone is able to help. I get confused with the concept of grounding  

The pickups have three wires which are hot, ground and shield. Can I just connect the ground and shield together and solder to the foil cavity shielding as one ground or do I need to do something separately for each of them? If I can ground together, can I ground both pickups at the same point so all four pickup wires in one spot? Further to that can I put all the ground wires in one spot on the foil i.e jack ground, pickups, bridge etc? I have attached the relevant wiring diagrams so I’m talking about the black and grey wires from the pickups, basically where shall I solder them?

Any advice is much appreciated as is anyone who can explain grounding in relation to bass wiring in simple terms to me as I want to be able to work on my basses myself....thanks.

6B19AC54-4145-4E6B-9C74-7F66D48A7CA2.thumb.png.ff09ad6614d4caeb11e113c12e6e6f17.pngDA2D608A-C1A2-4125-8AB7-6948EEDB3A3E.thumb.png.502fc3c1e7844933d8507fe53319c03b.png