Why become a member? ×

Album cover purchase?

odysseus

27 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Another band i had forgotten about from 70's and another Canadian band plus i know the keys player who is from same town as myself and we have shared a beer or 5. 

I love Canadian Rock bands of this vintage. "High Class in Borrowed Shoes" by Max Webster is a brilliant record, but I wonder if anyone bought it just on the strength of the cover?

R-1077038-1190772609.jpeg.jpg.2b2aef0e069c001b51e1217552ca061f.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, rushbo said:

I love Canadian Rock bands of this vintage. "High Class in Borrowed Shoes" by Max Webster is a brilliant record, but I wonder if anyone bought it just on the strength of the cover?

R-1077038-1190772609.jpeg.jpg.2b2aef0e069c001b51e1217552ca061f.jpg

Bought Million Vacations after seeing the band support Rush on Farewell to Kings tour i think it was.

Fantastic band.

Dave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Bought Million Vacations after seeing the band support Rush on Farewell to Kings tour i think it was.

Fantastic band.

Dave

Yeah, that was my gateway drug to the wonderful world of (slightly obscure) Canadian hard rock. Then came Triumph, Zon, Wireless, FM, Coney Hatch, Saga...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rushbo said:

Yeah, that was my gateway drug to the wonderful world of (slightly obscure) Canadian hard rock. Then came Triumph, Zon, Wireless, FM, Coney Hatch, Saga...

Canada has produced some amazing rock / prog bands over the years.

Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush too. Some of the bands on your list i don't recognise but will have a wee look now.

Triumph were another amazing band. My young brother sent me a FB message few weeks ago saying he'd come across a great band i might like called Triumph. I had to laugh when i told him i had their albums bought in late 70's / early 80's. 😂

Dave

• Like 1

R-400083-1325240634.jpeg.jpg

In 2000 I was just getting into metal, and this was the first ever album I bought that turned out to feature death grunts. I had never heard anything other like it and was blown away. It's still a fantastic record today, it was the first of four Opeth albums with Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree as a producer (and guest vocalist). It got me into Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson's solo recordings too, and the excellent album Steven Wilson and Opeth's frontman Mikael Akerfeldt made together as Storm Corrosion. 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rushbo said:

I’ve still got my blue vinyl copy of “Astral Projector”

My Canadian mate has a platinum copy of an early Triumph album. It came with white gloves and instructions not touch it with skin as the oils would damage the coating.

It might have been there first album as Blinding Light Show was on it.

Dave