Why become a member? ×

Your most listened-to live album?

odysseus

19 minutes ago, mike f said:

Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention - Roxy & Elsewhere 

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live at Winterland

AC/DC - If You Want Blood...

I missed off Roxy and Elsewhere 

We both missed off Broadway the hard way!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

I like a live album in the car, especially in the car so mine would be;

Love You Live - Rolling Stones (preferred it the others, even Ya-Yas personally)

All Those Wasted Years - Hanoi Rocks (I spent most of my youth watching the VHS of it but now have it on LP).

Live at the Lyceum - Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers

Press The Eject And Give Me The Tape  - Bauhaus

Concert - The Cure

One of the bands I play for put out a live album last year. I must admit I have only played it once since the mixing stage. Pleased to have done it though. Another one off of the bucket list.

6 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Moving on from my all time fave, All Those Wasted Years by Hanoi Rocks, others I like are:

Filthy Lucre - Sex Pistols (in 1996 reform tour at Finsbury Park)

Dig The New Breed - The Jam

Live at River Plate - AC/DC

Live in Yugoslavia - Anti Nowhere League 

Lets Boogie - Volbeat 

Hanoi Rocks, there’s a blast from the past :) 

9 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

The double LP gatefold sleeve of Maiden's Live After Death with all the live pictures, technical spec and gear info kept me enthralled. The VHS and DVD versions of the gig are fantastic too.

Yep, I would examine every photo on double LP when I was a kid thinking one day I'll be like them. I keep coming back to bthis album all the time, never get bored of it, even the Hammersmith recording sounds just pure raw Maiden. That last chord hit in 22 Acacia Avenue. Ta na na na na

Edited by SH73
  • Like 1

I wore a groove in the groove of "On your feet or on your knees" by BOC. It's not the best live album going - in fact it's not even their best live effort, but I played it to death in '75/76 especially.

"Live at Budokan" by Cheap Trick also got extensive play and singing along in the car to.

Oh and "Live" and Dangerous of course!

Edited by howdenspur
Additional content - nostalgia overcame me

50 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

6 pages in and no mention of Stiff Little Fingers "Hanx" album, a perfect illustration of just how good this band are live!  

For some reason or other I never got round to buying this, might have to remedy that situation soon, thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 22:54, Raymondo said:

Most listened to ever...

Frampton Comes Alive, closely followed by Live and Dangerous Thin Lizzy and Humble Pie Performance.

I know it's not very hip to admit that "Comes Alive" is my most played but I loved it when it came out and played it constantly.

Currently my most played , by a VERY long way is... Live at the SVA by The Achievers.

20 hours ago, MB1 said:

It’s not gone unnoticed nobody’s mentioned this.....

98703503-749E-4256-974D-F91E2E68C477.jpeg

You were saying?  

😉

21 hours ago, MB1 said:

It’s not gone unnoticed nobody’s mentioned this.....

98703503-749E-4256-974D-F91E2E68C477.jpeg

I listen regularly but only to ‘Do You Feel Like We Do’. My kids, 23 & 19, have been subjected to it for so long that it’s now on their playlists (whatever they are 😏)

In the days before "Greatest Hits" or "The Best Of" became more commonplace the live album was often the only source of all of a band's best songs collected together in one place, and very often performed with a bit more "verve" than the studio recordings. And being composed of two or more discs were often better value for money.

Having had another look through my iTunes library and there are lot of live albums that I owned in my early days of record buying that I had forgotten about because they don't get a massive amount of plays these days, but would have been staples of my listening when I was in my teens.

So as well as the two I mentioned in my original post I would also have to submit the following:

Runaways Live In Japan
Steppenwolf Live
Yessongs
Blow Your Face Out by The J Geils Band
Frampton Come Alive (of course)

However it did occur to me that two of my most listened two live recordings have AFAIK never been officially released, and have exited for me on cassette only. Firstly The Baker Gurvitz Army recorded off the TV around the time of the release of their first album, and secondly Freur from a Radio One "In Concert" broadcast from early 1986 IIRC which featured songs from their yet to be released (and when it was almost impossible to get hold of) second album.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheGreek said:

For those looking for a good Reggae album live can I suggest Steel Pulse - "Rastafari Centennial" live in France....

David Hinds, one of Reggae's best voices.

Some bloke called Robert Marley (Bob to his friends)with his Wailers... Live at the Lyceum is rather splendid too!

FCCEE167-3724-4B0E-AA7D-9FCF22AB32E2.jpeg

Edited by MB1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

In the days before "Greatest Hits" or "The Best Of" became more commonplace the live album was often the only source of all of a band's best songs collected together in one place, and very often performed with a bit more "verve" than the studio recordings. And being composed of two or more discs were often better value for money.

Having had another look through my iTunes library and there are lot of live albums that I owned in my early days of record buying that I had forgotten about because they don't get a massive amount of plays these days, but would have been staples of my listening when I was in my teens.

So as well as the two I mentioned in my original post I would also have to submit the following:

Runaways Live In Japan
Steppenwolf Live
Yessongs
Blow Your Face Out by The J Geils Band
Frampton Come Alive (of course)

However it did occur to me that two of my most listened two live recordings have AFAIK never been officially released, and have exited for me on cassette only. Firstly The Baker Gurvitz Army recorded off the TV around the time of the release of their first album, and secondly Freur from a Radio One "In Concert" broadcast from early 1986 IIRC which featured songs from their yet to be released (and when it was almost impossible to get hold of) second album.

How could I forget J Geils Band? Though for me, it was Full House rather than Blow Your Face Out.