Why become a member? ×

Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen beautiful solo

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve saw him a few times at Ronnie Scott’s, once on two consecutive nights in duo with guitarist Joe Pass. The interplay was incredible, which was why I went back a second night. His intonation, timing and subtlety was superb. Indeed, one of the greatest double bass players.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mybass said:

I’ve saw him a few times at Ronnie Scott’s, once on two consecutive nights in duo with guitarist Joe Pass. The interplay was incredible, which was why I went back a second night. His intonation, timing and subtlety was superb. Indeed, one of the greatest double bass players.

What a great gig that must have been. In the presence of genius it’s tempting to try and analyse what they do, but sometimes it’s better to forget we’re musicians and just enjoy. I remember seeing a performance by Christian McBride (in amplified) and it was incredible. (Didn’t stop a few people on the audience falling asleep, mind you)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

What a great gig that must have been. In the presence of genius it’s tempting to try and analyse what they do, but sometimes it’s better to forget we’re musicians and just enjoy. I remember seeing a performance by Christian McBride (in amplified) and it was incredible. (Didn’t stop a few people on the audience falling asleep, mind you)

On the second night I stayed to the end of their second set and got to speak with Neils over a pint at the bar .... a very nice man.