Why become a member? ×

So, whose pluctrums do you have?

Ricky 4000

I have a couple from Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein (Misfits & Doyle) and one from Lars Freidrickson (Old Firm Casuals and Rancid). 

Fat Mike of NOFX threw one at me right between the eyes, beautiful shot but someone else picked it up. 

Front row at the Fleece in Bristol virtually guarantees you can pick one up. 

5 hours ago, Maude said:

Totally, the drumsticks I got weren't from a concert but were given to me as a thank you by the drummer for a job. His signature was printed on them by Vic Firth and I suspect he doesn't even use them when gigging. I gave them to our drummer but he didn't like them. 

I think your drummer is missing the point of desirable but useless objects.

23 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I think your drummer is missing the point of desirable but useless objects.

That's the point though, they weren't that desirable. Maybe if they were hand signed rather than printed, but they where still just sticks that somebody famous had never used, so just sticks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maude said:

That's the point though, they weren't that desirable. Maybe if they were hand signed rather than printed, but they where still just sticks that somebody famous had never used, so just sticks.

It's not like some artist would have sticks / picks printed with their name on if it was deliberately a type of sticks / picks they don't use themselves.

Well, I would, just to put people off if they thought my pick would give them 'my sound'... I'd be like "Hah! You thought that pick would sound more like me, but in fact it sounds less so!" ...  but nobody else would be such an 'sshole. 🤗

Or, I suppose some stick / pick firm might send an artist a job-lot of them on spec, hoping the artist would use them and/or give them out to people, which would look like an endorsement... yeah, that could happen. :ph34r:

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

It's not like some artist would have sticks / picks printed with their name on if it was deliberately a type of sticks / picks they don't use themselves.

Well, I would, just to put people off if they thought my pick would give them 'my sound'... I'd be like "Hah! You thought that pick would sound more like me, but in fact it sounds less so!" ...  but nobody else would be such an 'sshole. 🤗

Or, I suppose some stick / pick firm might send an artist a job-lot of them on spec, hoping the artist would use them and/or give them out to people, which would look like an endorsement... yeah, that could happen. :ph34r:

I think this is getting way off topic but I do wonder how much of an endorsement deal is just a business transaction and the endorsee just has to use a certain item a few times at high profile gigs to get the brand out there. But soon go back to their preferred items. 

The drummer concerned was a Vic Firth endorsee but the factory printed signature just seemed a tad crass. It matters not as I gave the sticks to our drummer and pocketed the wedge of cash I extracted from the other drummer. The printed signature of the chief cashier of The Bank of England on the was far more acceptable. 😁

Edited by Maude
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maude said:

I think this is getting way off topic but I do wonder how much of an endorsement deal is just a business transaction and the endorsee just has to use a certain item a few times at high profile gigs to get the brand out there. But soon go back to their preferred items. 

The drummer concerned was a Vic Firth endorsee but the factory printed signature just seemed a tad crass. It matters not as I gave the sticks to our drummer and pocketed the wedge of cash I extracted from him. The printed signature of the chief cashier of The Bank of England on the was far more acceptable. 😁

Doyle from Misfits said in an interview his signature guitar is shitty. 

Matt Freeman did have a signature Squire P bass while he played an American P bass with Seymour duncan pickups. The signature bass didn't even look like his. 

• Like 1

Just now, SteveXFR said:

Doyle from Misfits said in an interview his signature guitar is shitty. 

Matt Freeman did have a signature Squire P bass while he played an American P bass with Seymour duncan pickups. The signature bass didn't even look like his. 

This could be an interesting separate thread. Signatures and their real counterparts. 

2 hours ago, 4000 said:

I got one off Joey DeMaio of Manowar in 1984. It was yellow with his name on it. I used it for at least 10 years before I lost it. Still cheesed off I lost it now, there was easily another 10 years of wear left in it! 😂

This wins. 🤘🤘🤘
Please don't shatter my illusions as I'm imagining it being forged from the same gold as the one true ring in the Tolkein trilogy.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

I wouldn't thank you much for sticks like that, either. I don't hit hard, but every pair I had broke. Not a fan. :| 

Well I don't bleedin' know do I. 

I did actually catch one of our own drummers sticks once, just behind my right ear. Apparently trying to get my attention. 

Bloody drummers. 😁

2 minutes ago, sykilz said:

This wins. 🤘🤘🤘
Please don't shatter my illusions as I'm imagining it being forged from the same gold as the one true ring in the Tolkein trilogy.  

Don't worry, picks are real. We never should have brought sticks into it. 😬

2 minutes ago, Maude said:

I did actually catch one of our own drummers sticks once, just behind my right ear. Apparently trying to get my attention. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8201511

😃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maude said:

Well I don't bleedin' know do I. 

Bloody drummers. 😁

What..? You don't know..? You don't know what sticks your drummer uses, and why..? You're not on speaking terms or what..? What kind of bassist has no interest in his partner in crime to that extent..? I'm surprised, shocked, and saddened. Yes, saddened that such a potential for fine complicit teamwork be compromised by such a cavalier attitude. Time to wake up, in the interests of making Good Music together..! :|

:lol: :P

• Haha 3