Why become a member? ×

Want to feel old?

gapiro

I read a post somewhere (maybe on here?) that if Back to the Future was made now, the year Michael J Fox would be going back to would be 1991, and he’d be playing Teen Spirit at the high school ball.

I started playing bass in 1986 - 35 years ago this year. That means someone starting playing now (a friend of mine’s daughter being an example) would view me as I would have viewed someone in 1986 who’d been playing since 1951.

Terrifying! 

6 hours ago, davepb24 said:

We have graduate trainees starting now who weren't born when I joined the firm...

I was talking to one of the nursery teachers who knew my youngest lad last year. She was born in 1998. I’ve got t-shirts older than that.

EDIT - in fact my dressing gown is four years older than her. WTF?

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

I read a post somewhere (maybe on here?) that if Back to the Future was made now, the year Michael J Fox would be going back to would be 1991, and he’d be playing Teen Spirit at the high school ball.

I started playing bass in 1986 - 35 years ago this year. That means someone starting playing now (a friend of mine’s daughter being an example) would view me as I would have viewed someone in 1986 who’d been playing since 1951.

Terrifying! 

You could argue that music moved on a great deal from 1951 to 1986. From 86 to now, not so much. Probably.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

I was talking to one of the nursery teachers who knew my youngest lad last year. She was born in 1998. I’ve got t-shirts older than that.

EDIT - in fact my dressing gown is four years older than her. WTF?

Lol my oldest t-shirt turns 40 next year...