Why become a member? ×

Bass For Sale question

dmccombe7

Value Added Tax 😲

where is the added value on used things between private individuals ? VAT is just a tax on anything by a fancy name to differentiate it from tax on earnings/profits

It could have been included in any trade deal but it was not in the interest of both parties to have some sort of mutual exemption for used goods being shipped between the UK and Europe, far easier to just treat all goods as goods and gratefully accept the extra revenue to help pay the extra costs in managing the new system, and it mirrors the state of play with such goods trading with the rest of the world; being part of the single market had some advantages, unfortunately some people didn't feel they were worth having

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueMoon said:

Yes, it would need to be a very special s/h item for me to buy from the UK now. Such a shame.

However, in reverse of what the OP posted, I find myself screening-in the EU items and screening-out the UK-based stuff. The BC marketplace still works well irrespective of the change in the status of the UK.

Yes for me also. I have always had an excellent experience when buying from the UK. Such a shame to be screening out UK sellers due to Brexit. 

• Like 1