Why become a member? ×

Effects loop pedal with EQ

RaNoFuNkY

Does anyone know of an EQ pedal which has its own effects loop?

By switching on such a pedal, it would engage all the pedals in the effects loop, and applies the EQ? It would need EQ and gain/level control.

The EHX Tri Parallel Mixer comes close - but is a little overkill for my needs. I'm looking for a smaller footprint too. 

If not, I'll just use a simple loop pedal, and include a separate EQ pedal at the end of that loop's signal.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 10:05, RaNoFuNkY said:

Does anyone know of an EQ pedal which has its own effects loop?

By switching on such a pedal, it would engage all the pedals in the effects loop, and applies the EQ? It would need EQ and gain/level control.

The EHX Tri Parallel Mixer comes close - but is a little overkill for my needs. I'm looking for a smaller footprint too. 

If not, I'll just use a simple loop pedal, and include a separate EQ pedal at the end of that loop's signal.

Thanks

Probably easier to just use the loop pedal with an EQ pedal in that loop. I don't think I"ve ever seen a loop pedal with that kind of functionality (doesn't mean it doesn't exist though!!). 

Deluxe Sansamps do that. One advantage is you can have a different volume level set to go with the loop on in the patches.

I used to run:

1 clean.

2 effected unity.

3 effected and boosted.

The fx are separately toggleable on off but revert when the patches are changed. So a clean boost was also on tap.

I still had an EQ because the Sansamp has a baked in mid cut that can't be fully eq'd back in with a cut to bass and treble.